Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Endian Conversion
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Endian Conversion Post 50132 by jim mcnamara on Friday 16th of April 2004 02:18:48 PM
Old 04-16-2004
Code:
 dd conv=swab

swaps bytes in the words of files.

Don't know if this applies to your problem.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Endian issues in TCP/IP

Hello, Can anybody tell me whether the little endian-big endian issues will affect porting from True64 to HP UNIX or TCP/IP will take care of that? If it affects what can be the solution. Thank you, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: informshilpa
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX endian again

Hi all I know AIX is big-endian machine.But does it read bytes in normal way from LSB. Does it happen in some machine that at multi-byte integer level it is Little-endian and while reading a single byte it is Big-Endian. This is urgent Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shobhit
3 Replies

3. Programming

Big and Little Endian

We are developing an application using TLI for network communication.The Server Code is developed in Sun and client in SCO unix. When we route data from Client to Server we encrypt the data using DES algotithm utility.The problem we are facing that Sun uses Big Endian methodology to store data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Little Endiean and Big Endian

Dear Friends, I have one question in my mind. That question is "how to detect whether the system is little endiean or big endian" Processing the bit position is the difference between this endians. But I could not understand how to find the pariticular sytem works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal Babu
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Migrating Oracle from Big Endian to Little Endian Platorm

Hi, We are trying to migrate an oracle database from Sun Solaris (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-28 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60) to Linux 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 22 03:01:10 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux which is basically a Big Endian to Little Endian conversion. We shutdown... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
3 Replies

6. Solaris

question about the little-endian in sparc

hi folks, in the sparc v9 manul , it says it is possible to access the memory data in little-endian mode, but there is only privilaged instruction that could set the PSTATE ( the cle bit ) regist. if I'm in the user mode , is it possible for me to access the data in little-endian mode? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool_08
10 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Endian vs pfsense??

Hi Endian firewall free version if we do compare pfsense For a LAN network with active user 1000 Which do you recommend Share (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
0 Replies
conv(3C)																  conv(3C)

NAME
toupper(), tolower(), _toupper(), _tolower(), toascii() - translate characters SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
and have as domain the range of getc(3S): the integers from -1 through 255. If the argument of represents a lower-case letter, the result is the corresponding upper-case letter. If the argument of represents an upper-case letter, the result is the corresponding lower-case letter. All other arguments in the domain are returned unchanged. Arguments outside the domain cause undefined results. The macros and are identical to and respectively. yields its argument with all bits that are not part of a standard 7-bit ASCII character cleared; it is intended for compatibility with other systems. WARNINGS
is supplied both as a library function and as a macro defined in the header. Normally, the macro version is used. To obtain the library function, either use a to remove the macro definition or, if compiling in ANSI C mode, enclose the function name in parenthesis or take its address. The following examples use the library function for or The following example use the library function for EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Locale The category determines the translations to be done. International Code Set Support Single-byte character code sets are supported. AUTHOR
was developed by IBM, OSF, and HP. SEE ALSO
ctype(3C), getc(3S), setlocale(3C), lang(5), thread_safety(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
conv(3C)