Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language) Post 50098 by vibhory2j on Friday 16th of April 2004 09:24:10 AM
Old 04-16-2004
Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello,

I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my decision with Networking Programming a good one or.... i also want to know how far network programming is successful on windows platform.

Thanks for Reply, in advance..

cheers

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does the programming language matters?

I see you guys encouraged people studied and used C while they were working on UNIX. Does C++ or JAVA matter? And in the past threads, Neo, PxT, and other members recommanded lots good books. I think those people who asked for the references, such as Dominic, had experiences on sys admin or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
8 Replies

2. Programming

c programming language

Can someone enligten me on what below program does? I understand getchar and putchar.. but what is this program suppose to do? I try to put printf on it, but it shows nothing.. can someone explain to me what this program is suppose to do? It is reading something and assigning to c? so, if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is PERL a programming language?

I need a small and simple clarification... Can someone tell me whether PERL is a programming language or not. Also, can shell scripts also considered as programming language or not. Also, please tell me the exact difference between programming language and scripting. Please help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
3 Replies

4. Programming

What Programming language should I start learning first?

I want to create a computer program that will translate from English to Spanish and vice versa. So someone could type in a word, phrase, or paragraph and translate from one language to another. What programming language would I use to write up the code and then implement this program? I want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

6. Programming

Whats the most in-demand programming language UNIX

I am interested in learning Programming Language to complement my UNIX. What language should I concentrate on to enhance my UNIX. What companies are seeking with UNIX. What languages are used with UNIX as for as there application. Are there any one here from DC (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
6 Replies
networks(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       networks(4)

NAME
networks - network name data base DESCRIPTION
The file associates Internet (IP) addresses with official network names and aliases. This allows the user to refer to a network by a sym- bolic name instead of using an Internet address. For each network, a single line should be present with the following information: <official network name> <network number> <aliases> Aliases are other names under which a network is known. For example: where the network named is also called A line cannot start with a blank (tab or space character). Items are separated by any number or combination of blanks. A character indi- cates the beginning of a comment. Characters from the up to the end of the line are not interpreted by routines which search the file. Trailing blanks are allowed at the end of a line. For the Internet, this file is normally created from the official network database main- tained at the Network Information Control Center (NIC), though local changes may be required to bring it up-to-date regarding unofficial aliases and/or unknown networks. Network numbers can be specified in conventional Internet dot notation using the routine from the internet address manipulation library (see inet(3N). Network names can contain any printable character other than a white space, new-line, or comment character. EXAMPLES
See AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
getnetent(3N). networks(4)