Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lost errlog
Operating Systems AIX lost errlog Post 49862 by Optimus_P on Monday 12th of April 2004 02:41:03 PM
Old 04-12-2004
use errdemon -l to see what your useing for errlog.

Code:
# /usr/lib/errdemon -l
Error Log Attributes
--------------------------------------------
Log File                /var/adm/ras/errlog
Log Size                1048576 bytes
Memory Buffer Size      8192 bytes

# ls -l /var/adm/ras/errlog
-rw-r--r--   1 root     system    172318 Apr 12 12:00 /var/adm/ras/errlog

i have 0 errors in my log so i am assumeing that the errordemon is automaticly takeing that space.

try moveing the errlog and restarting the errdemon.

if that does not work try recreateing the errlog w/ the errdemon command.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lost again

will this script work? I want to use it in unix. clear ans='y' While test $ans='y' do notfound() { echo $response " is not logged in" } found() { echo $response "is logged into " $name } name=`ps -eaf | grep "\<$response\>" | cut -b 80-85` if ; then name=`rsh server2 ps -eaf... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: azman
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interested, but lost.

Alright, so I'm interested in using Unix, but I have a couple of pretty basic questions: 1) What's the relationship between Linux and Unix? Are they one and the same, or completely different? 2) Can you use Unix on a laptop? and 3) Where can you get Unix? Thanks for listening. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ned
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

So lost

I have been reading up on starting a website, but i am still lost. I am in much need of assistance. Kind of a step by step because i still don't know where to start. please help. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweetie020602
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ok im like lost and confused!!

:eek: im trying to make a website and im on a site that tells how... but, it says 2 access my unix account to make 1 online and im alrdy confused!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blugsnorfia
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm so lost...

Fair warning... I know nothing of Unix. That's why I joined this forum and I need your feedback desperatly. Here is the situation... I built an app using ASP and Northcode's SWF Studio v3 for a cd launcher tool for a client that develops software. They like the app and it works well on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daJabberwocky
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am so lost...

I have been using linux now for about 6 months. I like it although it was quite a learning process. Pretty simple for the most part. Here is my prob... The first time I installed linux on my computer it went in just fine, no problems. It did eventually crash though and I had to re-install it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Treb
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lost my Way

I want to execute my own utilities from my bin folder without having to specify paths at run time - i.e. just enter name on command line - to do this my search path needs to be set up at login time - when I do this the path is not getting set right apparently(?) - PATH echos OK but the search... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert stansel
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am so lost !!!

I am taking an online Linux class, which is mandatory for me to graduate. Unfortunately I got the worst online teacher ever, he never respond to any e-mails. I have no idea what going on in this class so I am turning to you guys. Here is the questions for the week, Ok I don't expect anybody to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thunderbunny
1 Replies
SM2FILE(1)							  ICI executables							SM2FILE(1)

NAME
sm2file - shared-memory linked list data extraction test program SYNOPSIS
sm2file DESCRIPTION
sm2file stress-tests shared-memory linked list data extraction by retrieving and deleting all text file lines inserted into a shared-memory linked list that is the root object of a PSM partition named "file2sm". The operation of sm2file echoes the cyclical operation of file2sm: the EOF lines inserted into the linked list by file2sm punctuate the writing of files that are copies of file2sm's original source text file. The name of each file written by sm2file is file_copy_cycleNbr, where cycleNbr is, in effect, the count of EOF lines encountered in the linked list up to the point at which the writing of this file began. sm2file may catch up with the data ingestion activity of file2sm, in which case it blocks (taking the file2sm test semaphore) until the linked list is no longer empty. EXIT STATUS
0 sm2file has terminated. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
can't attach to shared memory Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Can't manage shared memory. PSM error. Check for earlier diagnostics describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't create shared memory list. PSM error. Check for earlier diagnostics describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't create semaphore. ION system error. Check for earlier diagnostics describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't open output file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. can't write to output file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
file2sm(1), smlist(3), psm(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 SM2FILE(1)