Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lost errlog
Operating Systems AIX lost errlog Post 49858 by gonmeres on Monday 12th of April 2004 02:01:25 PM
Old 04-12-2004
Error lost errlog

Hi, i have a problem with mi Aix system, the errlog file is initialized to 0, and i can't write in it, when i run the errpt teh error

0315-180 logread: UNEXPECTED EOF
0315-171 Unable to process the error log file /var/adm/ras/errlog.
0315-132 The supplied error log is not valid: /var/adm/ras/errlog.

can anyone help me with this, how can I restore the file?

thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lost again

will this script work? I want to use it in unix. clear ans='y' While test $ans='y' do notfound() { echo $response " is not logged in" } found() { echo $response "is logged into " $name } name=`ps -eaf | grep "\<$response\>" | cut -b 80-85` if ; then name=`rsh server2 ps -eaf... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: azman
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interested, but lost.

Alright, so I'm interested in using Unix, but I have a couple of pretty basic questions: 1) What's the relationship between Linux and Unix? Are they one and the same, or completely different? 2) Can you use Unix on a laptop? and 3) Where can you get Unix? Thanks for listening. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ned
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

So lost

I have been reading up on starting a website, but i am still lost. I am in much need of assistance. Kind of a step by step because i still don't know where to start. please help. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweetie020602
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ok im like lost and confused!!

:eek: im trying to make a website and im on a site that tells how... but, it says 2 access my unix account to make 1 online and im alrdy confused!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blugsnorfia
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm so lost...

Fair warning... I know nothing of Unix. That's why I joined this forum and I need your feedback desperatly. Here is the situation... I built an app using ASP and Northcode's SWF Studio v3 for a cd launcher tool for a client that develops software. They like the app and it works well on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daJabberwocky
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am so lost...

I have been using linux now for about 6 months. I like it although it was quite a learning process. Pretty simple for the most part. Here is my prob... The first time I installed linux on my computer it went in just fine, no problems. It did eventually crash though and I had to re-install it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Treb
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lost my Way

I want to execute my own utilities from my bin folder without having to specify paths at run time - i.e. just enter name on command line - to do this my search path needs to be set up at login time - when I do this the path is not getting set right apparently(?) - PATH echos OK but the search... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert stansel
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am so lost !!!

I am taking an online Linux class, which is mandatory for me to graduate. Unfortunately I got the worst online teacher ever, he never respond to any e-mails. I have no idea what going on in this class so I am turning to you guys. Here is the questions for the week, Ok I don't expect anybody to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thunderbunny
1 Replies
llconvert(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      llconvert(8)

NAME
llconvert - Modify lastlog records from DIGITAL UNIX releases 4.0x and prior to new format SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/llconvert [-vnrp?h] input_file [output_file] OPTIONS
Restore new format to old format. Verbose. Display lines while converting. Do not preserve contents of input file. Formatted print only. Do not convert. (May be used with the -r option). Display usage message. DESCRIPTION
The llconvert command reads records from the lastlog file, such as /var/adm/lastlog, and converts the record format to the updated struct lastlog format. If no output file is specified or if the output file path is identical to the input file path, llconvert makes a backup copy of the original input file using the following algorithm: If filename.orig exists. Where n is a unique number. The llconvert command attempts to detect an input file that is in the wrong format (for example, input file is already a new format file). A warning message is issued in this case, but conversion continues. RETURN VALUES
Success. An error occurred. EXAMPLES
To convert an old format accounting file to the new format: llconvert /var/adm/lastlog.prev Upon completion of this command, /var/adm/lastlog.prev will have been converted to the new format. The original /var/adm/last- log.prev is renamed to: /var/adm/lastlog.prev.orig To convert a lastlog file in new format to the old format: llconvert -r /var/adm/lastlog /var/adm/last- log.old FILES
Lastlog header file that defines the format for the lastlog file. The active lastlog file. SEE ALSO
Commands: finger(1) llconvert(8)