Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with Kornshell function
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with Kornshell function Post 49836 by jim mcnamara on Monday 12th of April 2004 10:43:23 AM
Old 04-12-2004
Code:
#! /bin/ksh
result=""              
differ=0
function repspace
{    
  differ=0           
  echo $1 | grep -q " "
  if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
     result=`echo $1 | sed 's/ /_/g'`  
     differ=1
  fi

}       

for file in *.shl
do
    repspace $file
    if [ differ -eq 1 ] ; then
        mv $file $result
    fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kornshell 93

I've been asked to upgrade from Kornshell 88 to Kornshell 93 on a Solaris 7 box. Since my experience with Unix is limited can anyone point me in the right direction? Specifically, where can I get the files that I need to do the upgrade? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ask Me
1 Replies

2. Programming

Kornshell convdate

Hello, I'm currently doing some programming using the Kornshell environment. I have just been on a Unix course where our instructor gave us some coding examples. I am using one of these examples to solve a few problems. However, the code examples use a function called 'convdate' to convert a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nezster
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with KornShell script

I need a KornShell script that will, among all the users currently logged on to the system, find a slot of one hour that contains the most number of users. I know how to list all the users currently logged on but how do I do anything with the times that are listed? Please help, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckrieger1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[kornshell] Getting the next weekday date

Hi All can anyone help me with this, Im new to kornshell scripting and is trying to get the next weekday to a variable: strDate=%date '+%Y%m%d' // YYYYMMDD strNewDate= :confused: // assuming that current date is 20050812 (friday) then strNewDate will get 20050815 (monday) or if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rs_f01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Kornshell Script

Hi, I'm a novice at programming and need some help with a kornshell script I've been writting. I have an inputdirectory with all my .shp files. In my input directory the shapefiles are named XXXX_original.shp, XXXX_UPDATE.shp ect. In my .ksh script I have created a for loop which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beery
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem on kornshell

HI, Requirement: I need to pass space between argument value for the paramter "GPG_PUBLIC_UID" but whenever i use single quotes or double quotes while supplying value for the arguments to the script, i see the value of the field "GPG_PUBLIC_UID" is getting splitted and my script fails to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachaysh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kornshell grabbing value from file

I have a script right now that I run a command which outputs just one word to a file. Well I need to grab that value and use it in another line of code so... touch oraclesid.txt echo $ORACLE_SID > oraclesid.txt #grab that value sqlplus v500/v500@<value> how do I grab that value from the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blogger11
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kornshell Using a variable in a command

So Here is my code cd $cer_mgr table='hostname' environment='echo $environment' cat mq_$table_$environment_startup.ksh I'm trying to make the results of the command "hostname" into a variable so that i can use it in my cat command. Well what I have is not working. So how do I use that... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kornshell finding operating system

This should be really simple but I can't figure it out. :wall: Whats the command to find the operating system version thats running. I need to know if the node my script gets run on is HP-UX or linux or AIX or Oracle (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] String length in kornshell

In the kornshell you can get the length of a string with $ x=abc $ print ${#x} 3 If the current locale is a multibyte locale, like de_AT.UTF-8, you get the length of the string in bytes, not characters: $ x=für $ print ${#x} 4 Is there an easy way to get the length of a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
8 Replies
PG_FETCH_ROW(3) 														   PG_FETCH_ROW(3)

pg_fetch_row - Get a row as an enumerated array

SYNOPSIS
array pg_fetch_row (resource $result, [int $row]) DESCRIPTION
pg_fetch_row(3) fetches one row of data from the result associated with the specified $result resource. Note This function sets NULL fields to the PHP NULL value. PARAMETERS
o $result - PostgreSQL query result resource, returned by pg_query(3), pg_query_params(3) or pg_execute(3) (among others). o $row - Row number in result to fetch. Rows are numbered from 0 upwards. If omitted or NULL, the next row is fetched. RETURN VALUES
An array, indexed from 0 upwards, with each value represented as a string. Database NULL values are returned as NULL. FALSE is returned if $row exceeds the number of rows in the set, there are no more rows, or on any other error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_fetch_row(3) example <?php $conn = pg_pconnect("dbname=publisher"); if (!$conn) { echo "An error occurred. "; exit; } $result = pg_query($conn, "SELECT author, email FROM authors"); if (!$result) { echo "An error occurred. "; exit; } while ($row = pg_fetch_row($result)) { echo "Author: $row[0] E-mail: $row[1]"; echo "<br /> "; } ?> SEE ALSO
pg_query(3), pg_fetch_array(3), pg_fetch_object(3), pg_fetch_result(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_FETCH_ROW(3)