Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: empty trash
Operating Systems Linux empty trash Post 49817 by HOUSCOUS on Sunday 11th of April 2004 11:02:30 PM
Old 04-12-2004
use "rm -rdf yourdir" and you can say "goodbye" to that directory and whatever is in it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't empty trash in OS X!

I trashed Adobe Acrobat (not Acrobat Reader today) because Adobe screwed up my licensing; their solution was to issue me a new serial number (thanks, guys). Anyhoo, I can't delete all of the Acrobat folder from my trash in OS X, nor can I move it out of the trash (it just copies). Any suggestions?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenly
4 Replies

2. Linux

Emptying Trash

Hi all i hope someone can help me, in gnome if you right click on trash, you get another menu appear 'Empty Trash' what i want to do is be able to edit this command so that it secure deletes the trash, where is that command? so i can edit it. thanks in advance for any help, Dave (shred -z -u ) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trash

Hello, I deleted a file accidentally using rm-f inside a folder. Is there any option/command to retrive the file or is it possible to recover from trash? or once the file is deleted, it is gone completely?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydney2008
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files to 'trash'

Hi I'm new to Linux, and I'm trying to write a shell script where I remove a specific file (i.e file1 or file1.txt), but i don't actually remove it, i move it to a directory called 'trash' - in vi I created a file with the path /usr/bin/del and in it I have: mv $file /home/trash, but I'm getting... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jodi
24 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating trash data?

How could I go about creating some trash files to use for testing. All I need is for files to exist and the data in them really doesn't matter. I need to do some work and testing with scripts and I don't want to mess with real data in my testing. So I would like to generate say 10,000 files... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
10 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Delete restore and empty trash

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: A set of Linux shell scripts is required to allow users to ‘remove' files without them really disappearing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr100perecent
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find prune Trash

How do I run a find without is looking in ./Trash gregg@gregg-desktop:/media/Audio$ find . -type f ! -name '*.jpg' -size 1M -print |head find: `./.Trash-1000/expunged/2781324553/mp3-to-m4b-batch': Input/output error find:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
0 Replies

8. Solaris

trash can in solaris

one quick question please.. is Solaris have a RECYLE BIN,or TRASH to retrive deleted files accidently ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Debian trash location

I don't know if it's just me being dense, but I can't seem to find a definitive location for deleted files in Debian, like the Trash folder in Ubuntu, any ideas where 'deleted' files go? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
2 Replies
ldns(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   ldns(3)

NAME
ldns_rdf_new, ldns_rdf_clone, ldns_rdf_new_frm_data, ldns_rdf_new_frm_str, ldns_rdf_new_frm_fp, ldns_rdf_free, ldns_rdf_deep_free, ldns_rdf_print- SYNOPSIS
#include <stdint.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <ldns/ldns.h> ldns_rdf* ldns_rdf_new(ldns_rdf_type type, size_t size, void *data); ldns_rdf* ldns_rdf_clone(const ldns_rdf *rd); ldns_rdf* ldns_rdf_new_frm_data(ldns_rdf_type type, size_t size, const void *data); ldns_rdf* ldns_rdf_new_frm_str(ldns_rdf_type type, const char *str); ldns_status ldns_rdf_new_frm_fp(ldns_rdf **r, ldns_rdf_type type, FILE *fp); void ldns_rdf_free(ldns_rdf *rd); void ldns_rdf_deep_free(ldns_rdf *rd); void ldns_rdf_print(FILE *output, const ldns_rdf *rdf); DESCRIPTION
ldns_rdf_new() allocates a new rdf structure and fills it. This function DOES NOT copy the contents from the buffer, unlinke ldns_rdf_new_frm_data() type: type of the rdf size: size of the buffer data: pointer to the buffer to be copied Returns the new rdf structure or NULL on failure ldns_rdf_clone() clones a rdf structure. The data is copied. rd: rdf to be copied Returns a new rdf structure ldns_rdf_new_frm_data() allocates a new rdf structure and fills it. This function _does_ copy the contents from the buffer, unlinke ldns_rdf_new() type: type of the rdf size: size of the buffer data: pointer to the buffer to be copied Returns the new rdf structure or NULL on failure ldns_rdf_new_frm_str() creates a new rdf from a string. type: type to use str: string to use Returns ldns_rdf* or NULL in case of an error ldns_rdf_new_frm_fp() creates a new rdf from a file containing a string. r: the new rdf type: type to use fp: the file pointer to use Returns LDNS_STATUS_OK or the error ldns_rdf_free() frees a rdf structure, leaving the data pointer intact. rd: the pointer to be freed Returns void ldns_rdf_deep_free() frees a rdf structure _and_ frees the data. rdf should be created with _new_frm_data rd: the rdf structure to be freed Returns void ldns_rdf_print() Prints the data in the rdata field to the given file stream (in presentation format) output: the file stream to print to rdf: the rdata field to print Returns void AUTHOR
The ldns team at NLnet Labs. Which consists out of Jelte Jansen and Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs to ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl or in our bugzilla at http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/bugs/index.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2006 NLnet Labs. Licensed under the BSD License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ldns_rdf. And perldoc Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC4033, RFC4034 and RFC4035. REMARKS
This manpage was automaticly generated from the ldns source code by use of Doxygen and some perl. 30 May 2006 ldns(3)