Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replacing with `pwd`
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replacing with `pwd` Post 49774 by oldtrash on Friday 9th of April 2004 06:24:13 PM
Old 04-09-2004
Thanks Optimus,
It worked.

Thanks Pressy for looking into this.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csh - pwd

Im using csh - how can i get the prompt to display my working directory as i navigate up/down. i.e root@host1:/usr/bin Also - i would like to hightlight the prompt in a color - is this possible and how can i do this. I am using Refelection X Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hitz
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on PWD

Hi, We all know that pwd (or echo $PWD) gives us the present working dir as output.... but my doubt is that I'ld like to know how to get the present working folder - I mean - name of the current folder alone.. using pwd command I get the full folder name (right from root path)... I need to know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd

Home directory mounted on one local system as /home/username, same directory mounted on a remote system as /home/engr/username. How to use command to use remote host pwd. For example rsh <remote host> ls -l ~pwd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugsandbunny
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/}

Can anyone explain this in detail ... echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/} Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
1 Replies

5. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd help

Dear users, One more question, In unix when i use pwd the following I get: pwd /Users/username/src/directory name Is there a way to get the out put like this in which the if there is a space in the directory eg directory name it should show as directory\ name:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevincobain2000
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$PWD vs `pwd`

Hi, can anyone expalin the real importance of PWD as a variable. However pwd command and $PWD is going to give the same result, then why do we have 2 different things. Please give some example which illustrates the difference between both. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting pwd of script

how can i get the absolute path of whatever directory a script and/or command is in when it is run? i want to know the directory. say for instance, if i were to run the "who" command, i want to know exaclty where the who command is located. if a user ran a script, i want to know where there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'pwd' command

Dear all, I am trying to use 'pwd' command in following way. current_directory == /dirA/dirB/test/dirC if ; then do this fi I am not sure how to pass this in command way. Please help! thanking you, emily (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

$pwd

Hi all,when I cd to an environment variable "cd $MYDIR, if I type pwd, I don't the path to the environment variable dir I cd to. Appreciate the help, regards..Abbya (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbya
5 Replies
sigdist.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     sigdist.d(1m)

NAME
sigdist.d - signal distribution by process. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
sigdist.d DESCRIPTION
This is a simple DTrace script that prints the number of signals recieved by process and signal number. This script is also available as /usr/demo/dtrace/sig.d, where it originates. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # sigdist.d FIELDS
SENDER process name of sender RECIPIENT process name of target SIG signal number, see signal(3head) COUNT number of signals sent BASED ON
/usr/demo/dtrace/sig.d DOCUMENTATION
DTrace Guide "proc Provider" chapter (docs.sun.com) See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
sigdist.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. SEE ALSO
kill.d(1M), dtrace(1M) version 1.00 Jun 09, 2005 sigdist.d(1m)