Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ftp connection resfused Redhat Enterprice 3 Post 49757 by josramon on Friday 9th of April 2004 03:00:28 PM
Old 04-09-2004
Ftp connection resfused Redhat Enterprice 3

Hello guys.

I have a problem i'm a newbie with Redhat , in other word i dont know much about it.

I just did a clean install and i'm trying to fto the box from a Xp computer ,

The error i'm getting is "ftp: connect : Unknown error number"

O know that i need to edit some files ir enable a service but i just cant find it.

If any of you could give me a hand on this will be nice ,

Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP on Redhat Linux 9

Anyone know how to get FTP up and running on a fresh install of RedHat Linux 9? Thanx, Aaron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

FTP Connection

I just started a new job and inherited a Fedora core 3 server. I wanted to open the ftp ports and I wanted to verify this code before I mess things up. From my reading the two lines below should allow ftp access can anyone confirm my attempt. iptables -A INPUT -p tcp - sport 21 -m state - state... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mungaz
0 Replies

3. SCO

ftp connection

I have problem with ftp connection on SCO UNIX 5.0.7, it is work slowly. How I can make accelerate. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: draganmi
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Usb to serial connection to Sun Enterprice 450

Hi all, I must connect my PC (Windows 2000) to Sun Enterprise 450 (4 X UltraSPARC-II 400Mhz) for Solaris 10 Installation. My PC doesn't have a serial port therefore I must use USB port. How can I connect USB port of my PC to the serial port (DB 25) of Sun 450? Will be there any problems with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Connection

Hi, Anyone encounter whereby when you FTP from an Unix server (Solaris 8) to another server (Window Server 2003), you tend to wait a long while when you do a "ls" and you get a timeout after that. However, when you FTP again and do a "ls", the result of "ls" shown immediately. All connection are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahlude
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Passwordless FTP connection

Hello, Can someone help me in getting a passwordless FTP conncetion ? It works if I do it as myself, but I need to be user1 when I do it, not myself. When I do it as user1, it asks for user1 password, which we don't have. All in all, ftp myserver.com works on all other servers when I'm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp connection refused

Hi- While trying ftp from AIX to Windows im getting below error. Can anyone share ur views on this topic. root@AB101# ftp -n 10.192.168.68 ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. ftp> Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanis
3 Replies

9. Debian

ftp connection refused

I have two computers running Debian 6.0 and one running Solaris 2.6 on a private network. The Debian computers can ftp to the Solaris computer but if a Debian computer is the destination the ftp connection is refused. I assume this is some security feature of Debian. What can I do to allow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused

Hi I am trying to execute a shell script which is in unix server gs1. The script is below which basically connects to another unix server q15 and tries to get a file using FTP . But i get error as "ftp: connect: Connection refused Not connected. Not connected." Please help with if the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies
XFIXES(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 XFIXES(3)

NAME
XFixes - Augmented versions of core protocol requests SYNTAX
#include <X11/extensions/Xfixes.h> Bool XFixesQueryExtension (Display *dpy, int *event_basep, int *error_basep); Status XFixesQueryVersion (Display *dpy, int *major_versionp, int *minor_versionp); void XFixesChangeSaveSet (Display *dpy, Window window, int mode, int target, int map); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. window Specifies which window. mode Specifies the save set operation (SetModeInsert/SetModeDelete). target Specifies the target when executing the save set (SaveSetNearest/SaveSetRoot). In SaveSetNearest mode, the save set member win- dow will be reparented to the nearest window not owned by the save set client. In SaveSetRoot mode, the save set member window will be reparented to the root window. map Specifies the map mode (SaveSetMap/SaveSetUnmap) which selects whether the save setmember window will be mapped or unmapped dur- ing save set processing. DESCRIPTION
Xfixes is a simple library designed to interface the X Fixes Extension. This extension provides application with work arounds for various limitations in the core protocol. RESTRICTIONS
Xfixes will remain upward compatible after the current 1.0 release. AUTHORS
Keith Packard, member of the XFree86 Project, Inc. and HP, Owen Taylor, member of the Gnome Foundation and Redhat, Inc. XFree86 Version 1.0 XFIXES(3)