Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: historical ps
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers historical ps Post 49581 by niamh on Monday 5th of April 2004 09:06:38 AM
Old 04-05-2004
Thanks for your help.

As accounting is not enabled on the server I don't think I will find what I was looking for!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Historical Disk bandwidth utilization

Early this morning our sar reports show that WIO on the system was over 50% for about an hour. We also had some users complain about response time problems during this time. Is there a way I can go back and check what disks were busy during this time (something like topas but for historical data)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

historical question - endianess

why Network Byte Order is Big-Endian, (not a Little-Endian, like most modern PCs use) ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: variety
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

historical port usage information

are there linux commands or applications that i can use to find out what application was using a certain port at a certain time? there's teamquest,but it doesnt have this kind of information. TIA. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumblebee
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help File Copy Historical Files

Hello, I have a directory /files/storage in which I have files having file name in format as follows sabclin.yyyymmdd.0 e.g. sabclin.20110621.0 etc. I want to copy all files that have a date in their file name i.e. yyyymmdd from today till 300 days in the past to another directory, I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

A terrific historical video about UNIX circa 1982 with well known names.

Enjoy folks... AT&T Archives: The UNIX Operating System - YouTube (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
acct(2) 							System Calls Manual							   acct(2)

NAME
acct - Enables and disables process accounting SYNOPSIS
int acct ( char *path ); PARAMETERS
Specifies a pointer to the pathname of the file, or specifies a null pointer. DESCRIPTION
The acct() function enables and disables UNIX process accounting. When enabled, process accounting produces an accounting record on behalf of each terminating process. The path parameter specifies the pathname of the file to which an accounting record is written. When the path parameter is 0 (zero) or a null value, the acct() function disables the accounting routine. If the path parameter refers to a symbolic link, the acct() function writes records to the file pointed to by the symbolic link. If Network File System is installed on your system, the accounting file can reside on another node. To ensure accurate accounting, each node must have its own accounting file, which can be located on any node in the network. The calling process must have superuser privilege to enable or disable process accounting. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the acct() function returns a value of 0 (zero). Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the acct() function fails, errno may be set to one of the following values: The calling process does not have appropriate system privi- lege. The file named by the path parameter does not exist. The file named by the path parameter is not an ordinary file. Write permission is denied for the named accounting file. The named file resides on a read-only file system. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: exit(2), sigaction(2), sigvec(2), expacct(3), raise(3) delim off acct(2)