Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Service processor not responding Post 49517 by TioTony on Saturday 3rd of April 2004 12:25:47 AM
Old 04-03-2004
We have had this problem on a few of our L-class boxes. HP came out and replaced the card which resolved the problem. The only recommendation I can give you if you can't get support from HP is to shutdown the system, completely power it off and unplug it for a few minutes, maybe reset the GSP card, then power it back on.

If you go into SAM, under the performance section there is a system properties page which I believe will tell you what class the box is.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

connecting to service processor on 44P 170

I dont have an ascii terminal to hook upto this thing, trying to use my laptop but it doesnt seem to want to communicate, is there a special cable i should be using for this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

3. AIX

Connecting to the service processor?

Hi Folks, I am a new AIX user. This is my first post in the UNIX forums. I did do a little bit of search before creating this post, but did not find any conclusive information. I am trying to connect to the service processor of an older 44p Model 170 box using my laptop. The 44p box has two... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaell
6 Replies

4. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

5. AIX

p520 Service Processor's IP

picked up this old p520 , try many ways to connect to the SP.. a) null modem using a PC connecting to the lower S1 ...but see a bunch of garbages across the screen once the main machine is off b) try guessing the default IPs 192.168.3.147 and 192.168.2.147, for ports HMC1 and HMC2 no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies
ONEAC(8)							    NUT Manual								  ONEAC(8)

NAME
oneac - Driver for Oneac UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the oneac driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
This driver supports various Oneac UPS families: o EG (late 80s, early 90s, plug-in serial interface card) o ON (early and mid-90s, plug-in serial interface card) o OZ (mid-90s on, DB-25 std., interface slot) o OB (early 2000's on, big cabinet, DB-25 std., interface slot) If your UPS is equipped with the Basic Interface card, use the genericups(8) driver. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver supports the following optional settings in the ups.conf(5) file: testtime=num Change battery test time from the 2 minute default. offdelay=num Change shutdown delay time from 0 second default. INSTANT COMMANDS
This driver supports the following Instant Commands. (See upscmd(8)) All UPS units shutdown.return Turn off the load possibly after a delay and return when power is back. shutdown.stop Stop a shutdown in progress. shutdown.reboot Shut down the load briefly while rebooting the UPS. test.failure.start Starts a 15 second long simulation of an input power failure. test.battery.start.quick Start a "quick" battery test. The default time is 2 minutes. This time can be set in the ups.conf file. See testime above. test.battery.stop Stops a battery test that is in progress. All ON UPS units reset.input.minmax Reset the minimum and maximum input line voltage values seen since the last reset or power on. Newer ON UPS units test.panel.start Start testing the UPS panel. test.battery.start.deep Start a "deep" battery test. This test runs the UPS until the low battery point and then returns to the AC line. reset.input.minmax Reset the minimum and maximum input line voltage values seen since the last reset or power on. beeper.enable Enable UPS beeper/buzzer. beeper.disable Disable UPS beeper/buzzer. beeper.mute Mutes the UPS beeper/buzzer for the current alarm condition(s). WRITABLE VARIABLES
See upsrw(8) to see what variables are writable for the UPS. Note If your UPS supports writing battery.runtime.low, the new set value is to be entered in minutes (up to 99) but the reported value is reported in seconds (set value * 60). Note If your UPS supports input.transfer.low and input.transfer.high, those values are used to create an allowable output range. The UPS will do what it can to keep the output voltage value within the defined range (for example: tap change or switch to inverter). AUTHOR
Bill Elliot <bill@wreassoc.com>, Eric Lawson <elawson@inficad.com> SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 ONEAC(8)