Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java 3D desktop
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Java 3D desktop Post 49436 by HOUSCOUS on Thursday 1st of April 2004 12:49:26 PM
Old 04-01-2004
Java 3D desktop

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Solaris Sun Java Desktop

Ok I a n00b, not gunna hide it so here goes - Sun Solaris, V.10 i386 - during the setup, I can choose a screen resolution that looks great with 65k colors and all. However, when all is said and done 4 disks and a reboot later, I get hanious 640x480 @ 256 only. If I choose the Sun Java Desktop... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spooky
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Java Desktop Icon - which window manager?

I have a Java app that is deployed on several Unix systems. Until recently, starting it from the command line was no problem. A recent requirement is to deliver a desktop icon that will launch the app. I have launched apps with icons before, but that was when I knew exactly which window... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herbmiller
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I switch from CDE to Java Desktop in Solaris 10?

I am a newbie to Solaris/UNIX. I just installed Solaris 10 and accidentally chose CDE as my desktop instead of Java. How can I set Java Desktop as my desktop? Because before i installed my mechine is using java and more beauty from CDE.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moslemovic
2 Replies
desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				      desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)

NAME
desktop_color_depth - Finds out the desktop color depth. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int desktop_color_depth(); DESCRIPTION
Finds out the currently selected desktop color depth. You can use this information to make your program use the same color depth as the desktop, which will likely make it run faster because the graphic driver won't be doing unnecessary color conversions behind your back. Under some OSes, switching to a full screen graphics mode may automatically change the desktop color depth. You have, therefore, to call this function before setting any graphics mode in order to retrieve the real desktop color depth. Example: allegro_init(); ... if ((depth = desktop_color_depth()) != 0) { set_color_depth(depth); } RETURN VALUE
Returns the color depth or zero on platforms where this information is not available or does not apply. SEE ALSO
get_desktop_resolution(3alleg4), set_color_depth(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)