Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming recv syscall for socket programming Post 49435 by heljy on Thursday 1st of April 2004 12:48:16 PM
Old 04-01-2004
Thanks, that make sense Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

TCP Programming problems with 'recv'

Hey, I am learning to program a TCP server and managed to get it up and running (I am using Windows 98SE). I can use the send function to send information to the client and I can use the recv function to ask the user to pass information through, but when I do so it only allows the client to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
1 Replies

2. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

socket programming

my system is a stand alone system... i want to try doing socket porgramming..ihave heard that this is usually done during testing... how can i do that....? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn_bkb
6 Replies

4. Programming

Socket Programming

Hi , I'm facing the following problem in socket programming. My structure is struct { int i; char *str; }samp; I'm creating the pointer to this structure and assigning the value to the structure members and send via the socket to the another process. The receiver process when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunviswanath
7 Replies

5. Programming

UDP socket - can both client and server recv and send

Hi, Am very new to socket programming. When we use UDP sockets to communicate between two processess, will both the client/server socket be able to send/recv ? meaning can sendto()/ recvfrom() be used on both server and client? It could be useful even if anybody provide some link on socket... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

6. Programming

C Network Programming - recv() help

So I'm making a program that gets the IP Address of an inputed website, then sends the IP Address to an inputed host. This program has no real meaning, but just a learning experiment. So I sucessfully made the program, then I wanted to try out recv(), and it produces some weird output; here is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

socket programming

Hello Everyone Iam working on tcp/ip programming.with some time interval server has to send data.client has to close the connection and to open the connection between the time interval.this is the scenario when iam closing the connection in client side the connection terminates.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshvaikuntam
1 Replies

8. Programming

Socket programming in C

Hi, I wanted to write a socket program in C, where I always want my socket connected to the server. i.e i shouldn't get disconnected once i get the response back from the server. I want to work in the connected mode, instead of disconnect and connect. Can somebody please kindly provide me a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Socket programming

my socket program is not working with larger port numbers like more than 60000 , any reason why ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
4 Replies

10. Programming

Download file with socket syscall

Hello to all I want download a file in osx intel 64 with NASM , I want to use socket syscall This is part of my code section .data command db "GET /test/2.gif HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: 10.1.1.187\r\n\r\n", 0 ; url db "http://172.16.207.153/test/2.gif", 0 global main... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: recher.jack
1 Replies
scsi_sense_key(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_sense_key(9F)

NAME
scsi_sense_key, scsi_sense_asc, scsi_sense_ascq - retrieve fields from SCSI sense data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> uint8_t scsi_sense_key(uint8_t *sense_buffer); uint8_t scsi_sense_asc(uint8_t *sense_buffer); uint8_t scsi_sense_ascq(uint8_t *sense_buffer); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
sense_buffer Pointer to a buffer containing SCSI sense data. The sense data is expected in wire format starting at the response code. It can be in either fixed or descriptor format. DESCRIPTION
The scsi_sense_key() function returns the sense key value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_asc() function returns the additional sense code (ASC) value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_ascq() function returns the additional sense code qualifier (ASCQ) value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_key(), scsi_sense_asc(), and scsi_sense_ascq() functions are used to retrieve values from SCSI sense data, regardles of whether the sense data is in fixed format or descriptor format. Drivers should use scsi_validate_sense(9F) to ensure that valid sense key, asc, and ascq values are present in the sense data. RETURN VALUES
The scsi_sense_key() function returns the sense key value from the sense buffer. The scsi_sense_asc() function returns the additional sense code (ASC) from the sense buffer and the scsi_sense_ascq() function returns the additional sense code qualifier (ASCQ) from the sense buf- fer. CONTEXT
The scsi_sense_key(), scsi_sense_asc(), and scsi_sense_ascq() functions can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
scsi_ext_sense_fields(9F), scsi_find_sense_descr(9F), scsi_sense_cmdspecific_uint64(9F), scsi_sense_info_uint64(9F), scsi_vali- date_sense(9F) SunOS 5.11 28 Jun 2006 scsi_sense_key(9F)