Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uninstall xinetd
Operating Systems Linux uninstall xinetd Post 49365 by byblyk on Wednesday 31st of March 2004 06:37:51 PM
Old 03-31-2004
Perfect thank you so much man, haha i managed to uninstall it and i got rid of a whole bunch of junk to...lol. Thanks. I"ll reinstall it and see if it works any better :-). There were some messed up dependancies that i think was part of the problem. Well we'll see!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

xinetd.conf

i want to edit inetd.conf for security on my redhat 7.1 box, but i dont have it in my /etc directory, rather, i have xinetd.conf. Can i use xinetd.conf for the same purpose, is it as useful as inetd.conf? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
2 Replies

2. Linux

Requiste for starting service xinetd

hi... i am trying to find out the services which should be started before the service xinetd can be started. I have read thru the /etc/rc.d/init.d script and i think xinetd depends on service network as it checks whether the variable NETWORKING is set or not || exit 0 Does it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxfood
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to get cvs pserver work with xinetd

I do make sure that in my system (redhat 9.0 with eveything installed) file cvspserver with correct content in directory /etc/xinetd.d/ line cvspserver 2401/tcp cvspserver 2401/udp in file /etc/service I aslo restart service xinetd but when I issue command ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorvvk
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Perl - How to uninstall? Will pkgrm uninstall all versions?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9/Sparc machine and it has the Solaris 10 version of Perl (5.8.8) installed on it, which always requires all kinds of library files that Solaris 9 doesn't come with. I think the best way to do is to uninstall this wrong version and install the correct Solaris 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alanlh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fileserver in Perl via xinetd - bad XML output

Hello there, I hope I took the right forum... I never worked with Perl, but now I have to get a simple fileserver running. The goal is to deliver an XML file (it's part of a new security model in the Flashplayer, see Adobe - Developer Center : Setting up a socket policy file server for more... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blemmo
9 Replies

6. Linux

xinetd @system reboot

Hi, Once again I came to get rescued in a situation where one of my workstations has this ierd thing that "xinetd" won't start at reboot or shutdown. I have done the follwoing but no change in results. chkconfig --list xinetd xinetd 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harjitsingh
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

activate ftp from xinetd

Hello all, I´m trying to configure the ftp service (port 21) in a Red Hat Enterprise 4 from xinetd. Anybody have done this? Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
3 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

take ssh out of xinetd

i solved myself. thx! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Redhat Linux xinetd error

Dear all, I am reciving the following error in the /var/log/messages of my system Jul 18 11:14:27 airtest xinetd: START: echo-dgram pid=0 from=::ffff:XX.XX.XX.X Jul 18 11:14:27 airtest xinetd: START: echo-dgram pid=0 from=::ffff:XX.XX.XX.X Jul 18 11:19:17 airtest xinetd: START: echo-dgram... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pistachio
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Looking for Xinetd for Solaris

I got the xinetd src from synack archive but when I try to compile I get errors all over the place, so am just wondering if anyone has a pre patched working version of xinetd for solaris 7 or higher there can share ??? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
4 Replies
fizsh(1)							       fizsh								  fizsh(1)

NAME
fizsh - friendly interactive zshell. SYNOPSIS
fizsh [OPTIONS]... [ARGUMENTS]... DESCRIPTION
Fizsh is a front end to zsh. Fizsh provides zsh with interactive syntax-highlighting and a MATLAB-like history-search. Fizsh is intended to look and feel similar to fish. A distinguishing feature is that fizsh can handle Bourne compatible syntax. This is because fizsh is a front end to zsh. Fish uses its own syntax. CONFIGURATION
$HOME/.fizsh is the directory where fizsh keeps its configuration files. The file $HOME/.fizsh/.fizshrc serves as the user's local startup script. Local customizations, such as aliases and functions, can be added here. $HOME/.fizsh/.fizshrc allows the same syntax as $HOME/.zshrc under zsh. $HOME/.fizsh/.fizsh_history is default name of fizsh's history file. The other files in $HOME/.fizsh are installed by /usr/bin/fizsh. In order to reinstall these files use: /usr/bin/fizsh -r or /usr/bin/fizsh --reinstall. Compared to the default configuration of zsh, fizsh additionally sets the options "histignorealldups", "histignorespace", "histreduceblanks", "incappendhistory", "interactivecomments", "promptsubst", "correct" and "nobeep". For further configuration details consult zsh's man pages. INVOCATION
Fizsh is meant to be invoked without options and without command-line arguments. The only supported command-line options are "--version", "--help", "--login", "--reinstall", "-v", "-h", "-l" and "-r". "--version" or "-v" yields fizsh's version number. "--help" or "-h" causes fizsh to print brief usage information. "--login" or "-l" cause fizsh to be a login shell. "--reinstall" or "-r" will reinstall some of fizsh's configuration files (see above). If invoked with other command-line options and/or arguments fizsh will silently revert to zsh. BUGS
There are no known bugs at the moment. Bug reports, bug fixes and other comments are welcome. NOTES
MATLAB is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc. AUTHOR
Written by Guido van Steen, based on work by the "zsh-syntax-highlighting contributors" and the contributors to "zsh-history-substring- search". SEE ALSO
zsh(1) fish(1) Version 1.0.2 9 Aug 2011 fizsh(1)