Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TFTP setup
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers TFTP setup Post 492 by veitcha on Wednesday 6th of December 2000 03:16:28 PM
Old 12-06-2000
all if fine up untill I get to the put statement
tftp> put /etc/services
tftp: services: No such file or directory

this is where I am stuck, not really sure how I have it all setup.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootp/tftp

Hi, Setting up print queue, using SMIT on AIX And I have an option saying do I wish to make this a BOOTP/TFTP server. What exactly does this do? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

TFTP question

I have been hearing that this protocol offers faster throughput rate than FTP, is it true? If so, are there any compromise in reliability on data being sent? How do I set up a TFTP transfer instead of a FTP to download? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ho_k
3 Replies

3. Solaris

tftp daemon error

Hi everyone, I am currently receiving an error on my console that reads something like: <host> tftpd: socket (delay): Protocol not supported I have done so much research into tftpd, i've looked everywhere to find out what this might be caused by...unfortunately i have Solaris 8, so there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: myscsa2004
5 Replies

4. Linux

tftp question

RH 7.2 I am attempting to get tftp working but I'm having a problem. On the server, xinetd has libwrap options compiled in. I have a deny all policy in my hosts.deny file and the following entries in my hosts.allow file: in.tftpd:.10.151.2.6 But...when I attempt to tftp from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tftp

Is it possible to copy files between two computers with TFTP.And how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bericica
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enabling TFTP

ive been trying to enable a tftp service on a unix box using the command atftpd --daemon but when i scan the open ports using nmap it doesnt show that port 21 as up does anyone know the reason... ive tried /etc/init.d/atftpd start , it didnt work if i type atftpd by it self it gives me a set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratamahatta
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tftp troubleshooting

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TFTP not found

Hi, I'm trying to run the tftp client on tsch shell and I get command not found, but on bash tftp ran fine, can anyone help me on how to run it on tsch? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wsn
1 Replies

9. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

10. Linux

tftp will not start.

I have setup nimol on a Fedora 9 machine. Nimol is installed and correctly configured and I have a client rs6000 (43p) declared in the dhcpd.conf file. all is running correctly and tftp is installed. I am monitoring /var/log/messages when I start the 43p and see the dhcp request come in and a reply... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
0 Replies
TFTP(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TFTP(1)

NAME
tftp -- trivial file transfer program SYNOPSIS
tftp [host] DESCRIPTION
Tftp is the user interface to the Internet TFTP (Trivial File Transfer Protocol), which allows users to transfer files to and from a remote machine. The remote host may be specified on the command line, in which case tftp uses host as the default host for future transfers (see the connect command below). COMMANDS
Once tftp is running, it issues the prompt and recognizes the following commands: ? command-name ... Print help information. ascii Shorthand for "mode ascii" binary Shorthand for "mode binary" connect host-name [port] Set the host (and optionally port) for transfers. Note that the TFTP protocol, unlike the FTP protocol, does not maintain connec- tions betwen transfers; thus, the connect command does not actually create a connection, but merely remembers what host is to be used for transfers. You do not have to use the connect command; the remote host can be specified as part of the get or put com- mands. get filename get remotename localname get file1 file2 ... fileN Get a file or set of files from the specified sources. Source can be in one of two forms: a filename on the remote host, if the host has already been specified, or a string of the form hosts:filename to specify both a host and filename at the same time. If the latter form is used, the last hostname specified becomes the default for future transfers. mode transfer-mode Set the mode for transfers; transfer-mode may be one of ascii or binary. The default is ascii. put file put localfile remotefile put file1 file2 ... fileN remote-directory Put a file or set of files to the specified remote file or directory. The destination can be in one of two forms: a filename on the remote host, if the host has already been specified, or a string of the form hosts:filename to specify both a host and filename at the same time. If the latter form is used, the hostname specified becomes the default for future transfers. If the remote-direc- tory form is used, the remote host is assumed to be a UNIX machine. quit Exit tftp. An end of file also exits. rexmt retransmission-timeout Set the per-packet retransmission timeout, in seconds. status Show current status. timeout total-transmission-timeout Set the total transmission timeout, in seconds. trace Toggle packet tracing. verbose Toggle verbose mode. BUGS
Because there is no user-login or validation within the TFTP protocol, the remote site will probably have some sort of file-access restric- tions in place. The exact methods are specific to each site and therefore difficult to document here. HISTORY
The tftp command appeared in 4.3BSD. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)