Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tftp daemon error
Operating Systems Solaris tftp daemon error Post 49195 by Perderabo on Saturday 27th of March 2004 05:14:56 PM
Old 03-27-2004
My guess is that you are mishandling the sniffer somehow. Fire up your sniffer and try some test sample tftp gets...both with existing files and nonexisting files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootp/tftp

Hi, Setting up print queue, using SMIT on AIX And I have an option saying do I wish to make this a BOOTP/TFTP server. What exactly does this do? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

TFTP question

I have been hearing that this protocol offers faster throughput rate than FTP, is it true? If so, are there any compromise in reliability on data being sent? How do I set up a TFTP transfer instead of a FTP to download? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ho_k
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmpd daemon error

Good day I always find these error messages on /var/adm/messages it appear every 15 mn , does any body know how to stop these messages without stopping the daemon , i tried to restart the daemon by uising Kill -HUP 332 please find below the error messages that appear always in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsgeorge
1 Replies

4. Linux

tftp question

RH 7.2 I am attempting to get tftp working but I'm having a problem. On the server, xinetd has libwrap options compiled in. I have a deny all policy in my hosts.deny file and the following entries in my hosts.allow file: in.tftpd:.10.151.2.6 But...when I attempt to tftp from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tftp

Is it possible to copy files between two computers with TFTP.And how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bericica
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tftp troubleshooting

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TFTP not found

Hi, I'm trying to run the tftp client on tsch shell and I get command not found, but on bash tftp ran fine, can anyone help me on how to run it on tsch? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wsn
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Improperly formatted value for 'tftp-server' error while booting the target from LAN

Hi, I wish to install solaris 10 on a target machine (t1000) by using Jumpstart. I have configured by jumpstart environment for the same. When i boot the target with the option "boot net -v install" i get the following error... {0} ok boot net -v install Boot device: /pci@7c0/pci@0/network@4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adm: [ID 70291 daemon.error]

Hi all I have been having this error in dmesg for quite some time and I'm not sure what's the errors associate with it. The closest I can get is the error in the fd2log, mv: cannot rename pacct.0 to SPacct.0.xxxx: Permission denied I initially solved the problem by setting the folder group... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Daemon error in Solaris 11

Hi guys, thanks for your help. Please can some explain to me what this error means Aug 21 09:18:29 solaris11 in.ndpd: incoming_ra: SIOCSLIFLNKINFO (interface net1): Invalid argument I am running solaris 11 in Sunfire T2000 Thank you very much for your assistance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
0 Replies
ngircd(8)							   ngIRCd Manual							 ngircd(8)

NAME
ngIRCd - the next generation IRC daemon SYNOPSIS
ngircd [ Options ] DESCRIPTION
ngIRCd is a free open source daemon for the Internet Relay Chat (IRC), developed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It's written from scratch and is not based upon the original IRCd like many others. It is easy to configure, supports server links (even with original ircd's) and runs on hosts with changing IP addresses (such as dial-in networks). Currently supported platforms include AIX, A/UX, FreeBSD, HP-UX, IRIX, Linux, Mac OS X, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, and Windows with Cygwin. As ngIRCd relies on UNIX standards and uses GNU automake and GNU autoconf there are good chances that it also supports other UNIX-based operating systems as well. By default, ngIRCd writes diagnostic and informational messages using the syslog mechanism. OPTIONS
The default behavior of ngircd is to read its standard configuration file (see below), to detach from the controlling terminal and to wait for clients. You can use these options to modify this default: -f file, --config file Use file as configuration file. -n, --nodaemon Don't fork a child and don't detach from controlling terminal. All log messages go to the console and you can use CTRL-C to termi- nate the server. -p, --passive Disable automatic connections to other servers. You can use the IRC command CONNECT later on as IRC Operator to link this ngIRCd to other servers. -t, --configtest Read, validate and display the configuration; then exit. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Display a brief help text and exit. FILES
/etc/ngircd/ngircd.conf The system wide default configuration file. /etc/ngircd/ngircd.motd Default "message of the day" (MOTD). SIGNALS
The daemon understands the following signals: TERM Shut down all connections and terminate the daemon. HUP Shut down all listening sockets, re-read the configuration file and re-initialize the daemon. HINTS
It's wise to use "ngircd --configtest" to validate the configuration file after changing it. DEBUGGING
When ngIRCd is compiled with debug code, that is, its source code has been ./configure'd with "--enable-debug" and/or "--enable-sniffer" (witch enables debug mode automatically as well), you can use two more command line options and two more signals to debug problems with the daemon itself or IRC clients: Options: -d, --debug Enable debug mode and log extra messages. -s, --sniffer Enable IRC protocol sniffer, which logs all sent and received IRC commands to the console/syslog. This option requires that ngIRCd has been ./configure'd with "--enable-sniffer" and enables debug mode automatically, too. Signals: USR1 Toggle debug mode on and off during runtime. USR2 Dump internal server state to the console/syslog when debug mode is on (use command line option --debug or signal USR1). AUTHORS
Alexander Barton, <alex@barton.de> Florian Westphal, <fw@strlen.de> Homepage: http://ngircd.barton.de/ SEE ALSO
ngircd.conf(5), ircd(8) ngircd Mar 2012 ngircd(8)