Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Downloaded application but cannot execute Post 49177 by myscsa2004 on Saturday 27th of March 2004 01:57:09 AM
Old 03-27-2004
yes, what type of errors?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

downloaded solaris8

i have downloaded 3 zipped solaris ver 8 07/01 installation cd and i want to ask this question: 1. what will i do to burn it? do i need to extract the file and then burn it? what? Note: Those zipped files have only one file each and it has more than 100mb plus. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodelu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just downloaded Python, what now?

Hi i just downloaded Python just to try it out are there any sites or tuts i can get to get me started? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SimJim81
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to limit files downloaded by wget

I am trying to download a page and retrieve only wav and mp3 files via wget. the website is: Alarm Sounds | Free Sound Effects | Alarm Sound Clips | Sound Bites my command is : wget -rl 2 -e robots=off -A wav,mp3 http://soundbible.com/tags-alarm.html When not using the -A wav,mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with WGET and renaming downloaded files :(

Hi everybody, I would greatly appreciate some expertise in this matter. I am trying find an efficient way to batch download files from a website and rename each file with the url it originated from (from the CLI). (ie. Instead of xyz.zip, the output file would be http://www.abc.com/xyz.zip) A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
10 Replies

5. Web Development

php files are downloaded

Hello, I have setup Cherokee web server and php 5.2 in Opensolaris zone. Problem is that all .php files are downloaded from web server and not served when I use IP address instead of DNS name in web brovser. Example: test.mydomain.com <-- php works 192.168.0.10/index.php <--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kreno
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to check if file was downloaded

I want to create a script to check if a file was downloaded into a folder. if it was i dont want to re-download it. The requirement is as follows. The first time the file (filename: A) is downloaded, it is renamed by stripping off part of the filename to filename A22. The second time an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wizardofoz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific image to be downloaded with wget

Hello All, I have gone through Google and came to know that we can download images from a site using wget. Now I am been asked to check whether an image is populated in a site or not. If yes, please send that image to an address as an attachment.. Say for example, the site is Wiki -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop till the files downloaded

Need assistance in writing a for loop script or any looping method. Below is the code where i can get all the files from the URL . There are about 80 files in the URL .Every day the files get updated . Script that i wanted is the loop must keep on running till it gets 80 files. It matches the count... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute application commands with shell script?

Hi Friends, We have a application "getstatus" which needs to run on application prompt. But it is not working with shell script. Example: Unix Root Prompt# execute "crp" to go to application prompt CRP>getstatus displays output of app health CRP>exit Unix Root Prompt# Script , which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute application command in shell script?

friends, i have application commands to execute in shell script it is something like this. i will login with user data it takes me to $ prompt. Example given below login: data ps : xxxx $ MNSinput --this takes me to greater than prompt > > ops --this is command i enter this output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: udaykrishna
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)