Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Killing host connection
Operating Systems Linux Debian Killing host connection Post 49164 by druuna on Friday 26th of March 2004 04:48:22 PM
Old 03-26-2004

Last edited by druuna; 05-21-2009 at 10:13 AM..
druuna

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connection to host lost

Hi all, I am connecting to a unix host from NT workstation via telnet. After working for around two hours I get the message "connection to host lost" What could the problem be? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbiketi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not on System Console; Connection to host lost.

hi all, When I telnet my W2k machine to my Solaris8 machine, after typing my login name and password prompt, I get the following msg immediately. ==== Not on System Console. Connection to host lost. ==== The 2 machines are connected on the same kingston workgroup hub. Can someone pls help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connection to host lost

I keep receiving this message when trying to connect using telnet to SunOS 5.8 running Solaris 8 from W2k. I checked system and inetd.conf and they seem to be ok. I can ping the host ok. ftp also works fine. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

FTP - Connection Closed By Remote Host

Hi, I am having a problem with our AIX 4.3.3 Server accessing FTP. The error is " Connection Closed By Remote Host". Scenario: Since i put a default gateway on the server FTP connection is having a problem but when i remove the default gateway it will works fine.. Is there any way not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mouglybean
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

hi i am trying to connect the frontend server using ssh i got the following error ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host can anyone help please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check ssh connection to remote host

I am using KSH and I need to check whether the remote host has been configured with ssh public key. Is there any way we can check inside a script? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting through master ssh connection on intermediate host

Suppose host B does not allow public/private key authentication - only secureID authentication. I already have a master ssh connection from host A to host B. Host A does allow public/private key authentication. Is there any way to connect from host C to host B by way of the master ssh connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp6f
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Connection closed by foreign host

I am trying to connect to my HP server from remote machine. It gets connected but once credential are provided the connection is closed. adroit:/home/seo/hitendra 32 ] telnet myserv1 Trying... Connected to myserv1. Escape character is '^]'. Local flow control on Telnet TERMINAL-SPEED... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i get the logged in host machine ip in a ssh connection?

Hi All, I have a basic question. In my system i maintained multiple unix server, and only one server has public ip, and all the servers are behind load balancing BIG ip server. To access any server, user need to access server with public IP then from there they can establish ssh connection to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilipsn
2 Replies
XINE-REMOTE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    XINE-REMOTE(1)

NAME
xine-remote - a small tool to connect xine remote control server. SYNOPSIS
xine-remote [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the xine-remote tool. xine-remote can replace a raw telnet connection to a xine remote control server. It use the readline facilities (completion, vi/emacs shortcuts, command history, etc...). By default, it try to connect the localhost, using the default port (see xine(1)). OPTIONS
The program follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long ioptions starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options are included below. -H, --host <hostname> Try to connect <hostname>. -P, --port <port> Try to connect the host using <port>. -c, --command <command> Send <command> to server then quit. The command should be single quoted if it contain spaces or special characters. -n, --noconnect Do not initiate the connection on startup. -v, --version Display version. -h, --help Display options summary. COMMANDS
Few commands are available, which are used to open or close a connection: ? Display available commands (the xine-remote ones + server ones when connection is established). help <command> Display the purpose of <command>, if that is omitted, display available commands. syntax <command> Display the usage of <command>. version Display version. open <server[:port]> Open connection to server. A port can be optionally specified, using colon (:) separator. close Close connection. quit Leaving xine-remote. SEE ALSO
xine(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Caujolle-Bert <f1rmb@users.sourceforge.net> for the xine project. The xine project 2002-04-16 XINE-REMOTE(1)