Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Killing host connection
Operating Systems Linux Debian Killing host connection Post 49164 by druuna on Friday 26th of March 2004 04:48:22 PM
Old 03-26-2004

Last edited by druuna; 05-21-2009 at 10:13 AM..
druuna

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connection to host lost

Hi all, I am connecting to a unix host from NT workstation via telnet. After working for around two hours I get the message "connection to host lost" What could the problem be? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbiketi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not on System Console; Connection to host lost.

hi all, When I telnet my W2k machine to my Solaris8 machine, after typing my login name and password prompt, I get the following msg immediately. ==== Not on System Console. Connection to host lost. ==== The 2 machines are connected on the same kingston workgroup hub. Can someone pls help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connection to host lost

I keep receiving this message when trying to connect using telnet to SunOS 5.8 running Solaris 8 from W2k. I checked system and inetd.conf and they seem to be ok. I can ping the host ok. ftp also works fine. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

FTP - Connection Closed By Remote Host

Hi, I am having a problem with our AIX 4.3.3 Server accessing FTP. The error is " Connection Closed By Remote Host". Scenario: Since i put a default gateway on the server FTP connection is having a problem but when i remove the default gateway it will works fine.. Is there any way not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mouglybean
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

hi i am trying to connect the frontend server using ssh i got the following error ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host can anyone help please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check ssh connection to remote host

I am using KSH and I need to check whether the remote host has been configured with ssh public key. Is there any way we can check inside a script? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting through master ssh connection on intermediate host

Suppose host B does not allow public/private key authentication - only secureID authentication. I already have a master ssh connection from host A to host B. Host A does allow public/private key authentication. Is there any way to connect from host C to host B by way of the master ssh connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp6f
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Connection closed by foreign host

I am trying to connect to my HP server from remote machine. It gets connected but once credential are provided the connection is closed. adroit:/home/seo/hitendra 32 ] telnet myserv1 Trying... Connected to myserv1. Escape character is '^]'. Local flow control on Telnet TERMINAL-SPEED... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i get the logged in host machine ip in a ssh connection?

Hi All, I have a basic question. In my system i maintained multiple unix server, and only one server has public ip, and all the servers are behind load balancing BIG ip server. To access any server, user need to access server with public IP then from there they can establish ssh connection to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilipsn
2 Replies
CLUSTERDB(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					      CLUSTERDB(1)

NAME
clusterdb - cluster a PostgreSQL database SYNOPSIS
clusterdb [ connection-option... ] [ [ --verbose ] [ -v ] ] [ --table | -t table ] [ dbname ] clusterdb [ connection-option... ] [ [ --all ] [ -a ] ] [ [ --verbose ] [ -v ] ] DESCRIPTION
clusterdb is a utility for reclustering tables in a PostgreSQL database. It finds tables that have previously been clustered, and clusters them again on the same index that was last used. Tables that have never been clustered are not affected. clusterdb is a wrapper around the SQL command CLUSTER [cluster(7)]. There is no effective difference between clustering databases via this utility and via other methods for accessing the server. OPTIONS
clusterdb accepts the following command-line arguments: -a --all Cluster all databases. [-d] dbname [--dbname] dbname Specifies the name of the database to be clustered. If this is not specified and -a (or --all) is not used, the database name is read from the environment variable PGDATABASE. If that is not set, the user name specified for the connection is used. -e --echo Echo the commands that clusterdb generates and sends to the server. -q --quiet Do not display progress messages. -t table --table table Cluster table only. -v --verbose Print detailed information during processing. clusterdb also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If the value begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the TCP port or local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as. -w --no-password Never issue a password prompt. If the server requires password authentication and a password is not available by other means such as a .pgpass file, the connection attempt will fail. This option can be useful in batch jobs and scripts where no user is present to enter a password. -W --password Force clusterdb to prompt for a password before connecting to a database. This option is never essential, since clusterdb will automatically prompt for a password if the server demands password authentica- tion. However, clusterdb will waste a connection attempt finding out that the server wants a password. In some cases it is worth typing -W to avoid the extra connection attempt. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters This utility, like most other PostgreSQL utilities, also uses the environment variables supported by libpq (see in the documentation). DIAGNOSTICS
In case of difficulty, see CLUSTER [cluster(7)] and psql(1) for discussions of potential problems and error messages. The database server must be running at the targeted host. Also, any default connection settings and environment variables used by the libpq front-end library will apply. EXAMPLES
To cluster the database test: $ clusterdb test To cluster a single table foo in a database named xyzzy: $ clusterdb --table foo xyzzy SEE ALSO
CLUSTER [cluster(7)] Application 2010-05-14 CLUSTERDB(1)