Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple Grep Results - Formatting Post 49102 by linuxpenguin on Thursday 25th of March 2004 04:39:13 AM
Old 03-25-2004
Hi,
I am really sorry, I still cannot get what you want. Has my solution provide the desired result.
Or are you looking at something else.

Can you give the source file and the output html file format that you want

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about formatting results

OK, I have a command that is getting a result, that I am trying to format using awk. I think it's pretty ugly, and there is probably a better way to do it, but this is sorta working for me. Anyway, the command: cat /var/log/cups/page_log | grep testuser | grep My_office_printer | awk '{gsub... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List grep results

Hi I need to search for matching strings in a database and I want to print out all files that matches in "detail", which means that I want the output to contain datum of last saving. I only get the grep function tp print the actual file names which is not enough since the database is to large... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: slire
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting Multiple fields on 1 line to multiple rows

I'm trying extract a number of filename fields from a log file and copy them out as separate rows in a text file so i can load them into a table. I'm able to get the filenames but the all appear on one line. I tried using the cut command with the -d (delimiter) option but cant seem to make it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sinbad-66
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep no results

Hello guys, I have been looking around but can't find the answer to my problem: If the grep command displays no results, print "no results have been found" and increment x. But if the grep command find something, do nothing. if echo "no results have been found $x" x=`expr $x + 1 `... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benou
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to do ls -l on results of grep and find?

Hi, Am running the command below to search for files that contains a certain string. grep -il "shutdown" `find . -type f -mtime -1 -print` | grep "^./scripts/active" How do I get it to do a ls -l on the list of files? I tried doing ls -l `grep -il "shutdown" `find . -type f -mtime -1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to analyse results of grep

Hi all, I'm working with a peice of software that runs on Linux that allows planning trips in cars through maps. This software has different variations depending on the type of car, e.g. BMW, Audi, Hyundai, etc... Each variation has a dependency on common external components that are not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emoshaya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple results as input to grep or awk

Hi: This is my first post in this forum. apologies if I am asking question that has been asked here multiple times. I wrote a python script that prints list of identifiers. I have another file notoriously big and with no particular format. I plan to search the identifiers in this file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oriolebaltimore
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate grep results?

hi, let's say we have input in files test1.txt, test2.txt, text3.txt ... ... ... ('...' means more files & lines not just 'dots') test1.txt has: A B C D ... ... ... test2.txt has A B C D ... ... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msonoth
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get results from grep command

Hi, i have a file hello.log which as several line that look like the below 2015-12-07 09:46:56 0:339 120.111.12.12 POST /helloWorld 2015-12-07 09:46:57 0:439 122.111.12.12 POST /helloWorld .... when i grep expecting to see results like the below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Results of Grep in one Line/String?

Hello, I have a Textfile sees like this "Word1":aksdfjaksdf "Word2":askdfjalsdkfdlsjfasldfj "This is Word3":asdfkjalskdfj what i need is a string which sees like this Word1;Word2;This is Word3 Conclusion always the text within "" which is before the : i tried it with grep.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwordMaster
10 Replies
QTextOStream(3qt)														 QTextOStream(3qt)

NAME
QTextOStream - Convenience class for output streams SYNOPSIS
All the functions in this class are reentrant when Qt is built with thread support.</p> #include <qtextstream.h> Inherits QTextStream. Public Members QTextOStream ( QString * s ) QTextOStream ( QByteArray ba ) QTextOStream ( FILE * f ) DESCRIPTION
The QTextOStream class is a convenience class for output streams. This class provides a shorthand for creating simple output QTextStreams without having to pass a mode argument to the constructor. This makes it easy for example, to write things like this: QString result; QTextOStream(&result) << "pi = " << 3.14; See also Input/Output and Networking and Text Related Classes. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QTextOStream::QTextOStream ( QString * s ) Constructs a stream to write to string s. QTextOStream::QTextOStream ( QByteArray ba ) Constructs a stream to write to the array ba. QTextOStream::QTextOStream ( FILE * f ) Constructs a stream to write to the file f. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qtextostream.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2007 Trolltech ASA, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qtextostream.3qt) and the Qt version (3.3.8). Trolltech AS 2 February 2007 QTextOStream(3qt)