Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: alt_boot disk
Operating Systems HP-UX alt_boot disk Post 49067 by csaunders on Wednesday 24th of March 2004 02:40:53 PM
Old 03-24-2004
thanks for the help, here is the output, Im assumming its being used for something else, since it is active, would I be correct?

pvdisplay /dev/dsk/c0t8d0
--- Physical volumes ---
PV Name /dev/dsk/c0t8d0
VG Name /dev/vg00
PV Status available
Allocatable yes
VGDA 2
Cur LV 9
PE Size (Mbytes) 4
Total PE 1023
Free PE 54
Allocated PE 969
Stale PE 0
IO Timeout (Seconds) default
Autoswitch On

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to Calculate Disk Queue length and Disk Busy Time

Hi, Am doing an enhancements related to monitoring a Linux disk I/O statistics. The /proc/diskstats file is used to get the each disk I/O statistics. But, It returns the raw value. How to calculate the Disk Queue Length and Disk Busy time from the raw values. Guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maruthu
1 Replies

3. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

5. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
devnm(1M)                                                 System Administration Commands                                                 devnm(1M)

NAME
devnm - device name SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/devnm name [name...] DESCRIPTION
The devnm command identifies the special file associated with the mounted file system where the argument name resides. One or more name can be specified. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the devnm Command Assuming that /usr is mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s6, the following command : /usr/sbin/devnm /usr produces: /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s6 /usr FILES
/dev/dsk/* /etc/mnttab ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mnttab(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 devnm(1M)