Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators font courier doesn't seem to work for me Post 48990 by Neo on Tuesday 23rd of March 2004 07:53:00 AM
Old 03-23-2004
When we upgrade to another version of vB, we hope the bug will be fixed.

Thanks for your patience.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

my make doesn't work

hi I wrote the following makefile, I have just one problem, when i type make clean I get the message make 'clean' is up to date and any obj file is removed from my folder, what's wrong? Thank you CC = cc all: es.o elaboration.o $(CC) -o es es.o elaboration.o elaboration.o:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP doesn't work

Hi! I have 2 servers. The firts has vsftpd server with this configuration: # Example config file /etc/vsftpd.conf # # The default compiled in settings are fairly paranoid. This sample file # loosens things up a bit, to make the ftp daemon more usable. # Please see vsftpd.conf.5 for all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Torquemada
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: If Doesn't Work in AWK

Hi! I have a somehow big file (almost 3000 lines long and thirteen columns). Some lines have no value at all or, at least, are incomplete. The columns' values that have no data are marked with a "-" and the corresponding line (the line that owns that value) should be discarded and not used. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcelo de Brit
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc: scope doesn't work for me

I am trying to use bc to calculate the difference between two nano second time stamps. bc does the calculation but seems to ignore the scale option: micro_start=$(date +%s.%N) # .. some stuff happens here micro_stop=$(date +%s.%N) TOT=$(echo "scale=3; $micro_stop - $micro_start" | bc)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LostInTheWoods
2 Replies

7. Solaris

shutdown -y -i5 -g0 DOESN'T work

hello, The command above seems not working on my solaris 8/9 sparc machines. a. resulted to the ff below when I instead use "shutdown" only. Broadcast Message from root (pts/1) on "hostname" date.. The system "hostname" will be shut down in 30 seconds THE SYSTEM bdosg IS BEING SHUT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail from UNIX in courier font

Need assistance . I have a cvs file which i changed to html file but when i try to send mail to outlook its indent goes wrong. any idea is appreciated . below are some commands i tried using Converting csv to html #!/bin/sh nawk 'BEGIN{ FS="," print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
USERDB(8)						      Double Precision, Inc.							 USERDB(8)

NAME
userdb - manipulate /etc/courier/userdb SYNOPSIS
userdb {addr} set {field=value...} userdb {addr} unset {field...} userdb {addr} del userdb {path/addr} [set | unset | del] ... userdb -f {file} {adr} [set | unset | del] ... userdb -show {path} userdb -show {path} {addr} userdb -show -f {file} userdb -show -f {file} {addr} DESCRIPTION
userdb is a convenient script to individually manipulate entries in /etc/courier/userdb. See makeuserdb(8)[1] for a description of its contents. /etc/courier/userdb can always be edited using any text editor, but userdb is a convenient way to modify this file from another script. /etc/courier/userdb can also be a subdirectory, instead of a file. Specify foo/bar/addr to manipulate addr in the file /etc/courier/userdb/foo/bar. You can also use the -f flag: -f /etc/courier/userdb/foo/bar is equivalent. Use whatever form makes the most sense to you. /etc/courier/userdb must not have any group or world permissions. That's because its contents may include system passwords (depending upon the application which uses this virtual user account database). Each line in /etc/courier/userdb takes following form: addr specifies a unique virtual address. It is followed by a single tab character, then a list of field=value pairs, separated by vertical slash characters. See makeuserdb(8)[1] for field definitions. A text editor can be used to add blank lines or comments in /etc/courier/userdb. Any blank lines or comments are ignored by the userdb script. The names of the actual fields, and their contents, are defined entirely by applications that use the /etc/courier/userdb database, the userdb command just adds or removes arbitrary fields. For example: userdb default/info set mail=/home/mail/info This command accesses the address "info" in /etc/courier/userdb/default. If the second argument to userdb is "set", the remaining arguments are taken as field=value pairs, which are added to the record for addr. If there is no record for addr, a new record will be appended to the file. If addr exists, any existing values of any specified fields are removed. If =value is missing, userdb stops and prompts for it. This is useful if you're setting a password field, where you do not want to specify the password on the command line, which can be seen by the ps(1) command. If userdb is being executed by a script, the value can be provided on standard input. Use "unset" to delete fields from an existing record. Use "del" to delete all fields in the existing record, plus the record itself. DISPLAYING /etc/courier/userdb If the first argument to userdb is -show, userdb displays the contents of /etc/courier/userdb. If /etc/courier/userdb is a subdirectory, path must refer to a specific file in /etc/courier/userdb. The -f option can be used instead of path in order to specify an arbitrary file. If addr is not specified, userdb produces a list, on standard output, containing all addresses found in the file, on per line. If addr is specified, userdb produces a list, on standard output, of all the fields in /etc/courier/userdb for this addr. REBUILDING /etc/courier/userdb.dat The actual virtual account/address database is /etc/courier/userdb.dat. This is a binary database file. /etc/courier/userdb is the plain text version. After running userdb, execute the makeuserdb(8)[1] command to rebuild /etc/courier/userdb.dat for the changes to take effect. BUGS
addr must be unique. If /etc/courier/userdb is a subdirectory, it's possible to create the same addr in different files in the subdirectory. This is an error that is not currently detected by userdb, however the subsequent makeuserdb(8)[1] command will fail with an error message. FILES
/etc/courier/userdb - plain text file, or directory of plain text files .lock.filename - lock file for filename .tmp.filename - temporary file used to create new contents of filename SEE ALSO
makeuserdb(8)[1], userdbpw(8)[2] NOTES
1. makeuserdb(8) makeuserdb.html 2. userdbpw(8) userdbpw.html Double Precision, Inc. 08/23/2008 USERDB(8)