Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Palm PDA
Operating Systems Solaris Palm PDA Post 48953 by matteguru on Monday 22nd of March 2004 01:41:01 PM
Old 03-22-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by Perderabo
You really need to learn how to use a search engine. I see thousands of options. Here are two of them.

Solaris USB driver for Palm HotSync cradle

Solaris PDASync
4 points:
1) Just FYI - I'm a 11 year UNIX veteran, I'm not a newbie. I think I know how to a use a search engine. Don't you think I would have tried that first?

2) 1st link: I've been trying to get this guy's driver to work for over 3 months. I even tried his pdadrv package off of blastwave.org. We've been in direct email contact during this time and I still have no working driver. The driver causes my system to panic when I press the HOTSYNC button. Erik Hovland does not have access to an UltraSparc at the moment. So troubleshooting it has been problematic. I'm almost tempted to just a buy an ultra 10 off ebay and send it to him. The key word here is: WORKING

3) 2nd link: Sun's PDASync only works with serial cradles, not USB. I'd have to get a USB to serial convertor, which I'm trying to avoid.

4) I'm sorry but there are not thousands of options. There's not even a commercial option that supports USB. If there is, show me. I'll buy it.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux/Unix PDA

Is it possible to get a handheld pc/pda with Linux or Unix installed. Most of them seem to come with something called Palm OS or Windows. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacx2
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Palm Q's

I have a Palm m105, and a serial hotsync cradle, and the PalmPilot connectivity software that came with RH Linux 7.1. I can't get it to work! I don't know what to put in the fields, etc! what should i do?!?!?!? how do i install applications?!?!?! i have to use the iMacs at school and my Windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boris888
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Skin for PDA

Let me know if you find a skin or template for vB 2.x that can be used for mobile users (PDAs, etc.). I think we need a small mobile device skin for the forums What do you think? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
EHCI(4)                                                    BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                    EHCI(4)

NAME
ehci -- USB Enhanced Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
device ehci DESCRIPTION
The ehci driver provides support for the USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface, which is used by USB 2.0 controllers. EHCI controllers are peculiar in that they can only handle the USB 2.0 protocol. This means that they normally have one or more companion controllers (i.e., ohci(4) or uhci(4)) handling USB 1.x devices. Consequently each USB connector is electrically connected to two USB con- trollers. The handling of this is totally automatic, but can be noticed since USB 1.x and USB 2.0 devices plugged in to the same connector appear to connect to different USB busses. SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ehci device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. BUGS
The driver is not finished and is quite buggy. There is currently no support for isochronous transfers. BSD March 20, 2005 BSD