Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Palm PDA
Operating Systems Solaris Palm PDA Post 48942 by rhfrommn on Monday 22nd of March 2004 10:23:14 AM
Old 03-22-2004
I've seen open source PDA software that works for linux, but nothing for Solaris. I could easily be missing some that does exist though.

I'd suggest seeing if you can get the source for one of the linux pda apps and try compiling it on your Solaris box. That might be the best chance. If you've got the usb working for other devices maybe that would get it to work with your cradle too. Probably a longshot, but worth trying.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux/Unix PDA

Is it possible to get a handheld pc/pda with Linux or Unix installed. Most of them seem to come with something called Palm OS or Windows. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacx2
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Palm Q's

I have a Palm m105, and a serial hotsync cradle, and the PalmPilot connectivity software that came with RH Linux 7.1. I can't get it to work! I don't know what to put in the fields, etc! what should i do?!?!?!? how do i install applications?!?!?! i have to use the iMacs at school and my Windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boris888
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Skin for PDA

Let me know if you find a skin or template for vB 2.x that can be used for mobile users (PDAs, etc.). I think we need a small mobile device skin for the forums What do you think? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
usb-devices(8)							Linux USB Utilities						    usb-devices(8)

NAME
usb-devices - print USB device details SYNOPSIS
usb-devices DESCRIPTION
usb-devices is a (bash) shell script that can be used to display details of USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. The output of the script is similar to the usb/devices file available either under /proc/bus (if usbfs is mounted), or under /sys/ker- nel/debug (if debugfs is mounted there). The script is primairily intended to be used if the file is not available. In contrast to the usb/devices file, this script only lists active interfaces (those marked with a "*" in the usb/devices file) and their endpoints. Be advised that there can be differences in the way information is sorted, as well as in the format of the output. RETURN VALUE
If sysfs is not mounted, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb* The part of the sysfs tree the script walks through to assemble the printed information. /proc/bus/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernels before 2.6.31, if usbfs is mounted. /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernel 2.6.31 and later, if debugfs is mounted. SEE ALSO
lsusb(8), usbview(8). AUTHORS
Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> usbutils-0.84 23 June 2009 usb-devices(8)