Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to supress a "Killed" message when a process is terminated? Post 48941 by kenwolff on Monday 22nd of March 2004 10:17:33 AM
Old 03-22-2004
That seems to help. Thanks very much!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process seen in "ps aux" but not "top"

Hi, I have a process that can be seen after "ps aux" command. However when I do "top" command. This process cannot be seen. How can this happen? Is there anything wrong with my code? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

"service" , "process" and " daemon" ?

Friends , Anybody plz tell me what is the basic difference between "service" , "process" and " daemon" ? Waiting for kind reply .. .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

4. AIX

After run ps , uptime , w command I get reply "killed"

Hi, After run ps , uptime , w command I get reply "killed" as normal dba and staff group user. As root every command works fine. I cheched all the user settings , right with other servers and I could not find any error and other settings. The oslevel is 5300-10-01-0921. Any idea to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: boki
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
grokevt-addlog(1)														 grokevt-addlog(1)

NAME
grokevt-addlog - A tool for adding a raw event log to an existing GrokEVT database. SYNOPSIS
grokevt-addlog database-dir evt-file new-type base-type .SH DESCRIPTION grokevt-addlog takes a raw event log (.evt file) and adds it to a pre-built database generated by grokevt-builddb(1). This new log file will be set up to use the message templates of another log, as deter- mined by the user. This tool is primarily useful for processing deleted logs and log fragments found on a system. While it is possible to use the database generated from one system with the logs of another, this is not recommended for investigations unless no alternatives exist. ARGUMENTS
grokevt-addlog uses the following arguments: database-dir The base directory for the database generated previously by grokevt-builddb(1). evt-file The file to be added to the database. new-type The new log type/name that evt-file will take on. This is the name that will need to be used later with grokevt-parselog(1) to access the new log. This type must not already exist in the database. base-type The existing log type that this new log will be based on. The message templates from this type will be used with the new log when parsing. This type must exist in the current database. BUGS
Probably several. This particular script has not been extensively tested. CREDITS
Written by Timothy D. Morgan. Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Timothy D. Morgan LICENSE
Please see the file "LICENSE" included with this software distribution. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License version 2 for more details. SEE ALSO
grokevt(7) grokevt-builddb(1) grokevt-dumpmsgs(1) grokevt-findlogs(1) grokevt-parselog(1) grokevt-ripdll(1) File Conversion Utilities 20 March 2008 grokevt-addlog(1)