Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: finding port numbers
Special Forums IP Networking finding port numbers Post 48857 by binhnx2000 on Friday 19th of March 2004 08:12:26 AM
Old 03-19-2004
If you want have more information as: Which program is running, and it use which Port! You can use a program "lsof".

Download at:

freshmeat.net/projects/lsof/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

finding a process running on a port

how do I find the process that is running on a port in HP-Unix? Murali (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manduva
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding and replacing port numbers.

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script which firstly will search some files and then increase the port numbers mentioned in them by a certain no. let me clear it with an example- suppose there r few files a,b,c,d.... file a's content- <serverEntries xmi:id="ServerEntry_1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankushsingh10
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Finding port number !!

Hi all , I want know the port no on which a particular application is running. How to find that? Thanks in anticipation (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the sum of two numbers

cat *.out |grep "<some text>" | awk '{print $6}' For ex,This will reutrn me 11111 22222 is it possible to add these two numbers in the above given command itself?I can write this to a file and find the sum. But I prefer to this calculation in the above given line itself. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

TCP port numbers reused

Hello all, I am loosing the diameter connection between two servers and when the connection is trying to comes up again i see the following message in the tracer. and after 1 second the connection resets. As far i know the connection stay in state TIME_WAIT for a while(60 seconds in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @dagio
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding occurences of numbers

I have two files The first file is in following format 5 937 8 1860 5 1 683 2 1 129 2 2 5 938 8 1122 5 1 20 520 4 1860 1851 1 5 939 8 1122 1124 1 20 521 4 5883 14 6 1860 1852 1 683 4 2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuggler
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding lowest numbers

i want to basically get the lowest numbers from a list ... for example my input file is .... 1 2 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 Now i want to create a script or a one liner which i can use like this ... for example ..../getlowest 3 --> this gives me the next 3 lowest numbers which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding distance between numbers

Hi, I have a file as ABC 1634230,1634284,1634349,1634468 1634272,1634301,1634356,1634534 What I want is to find distance between the numbers.. column 1 is the gene name and column 2 are starts and column 3 are their respective stops for the starts. So what I want is column 3 which has +1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

9. SCO

Problem finding what is using a serial port

How can I determine what process is currently using a serial port? A good bit of google searching hasn't turned up anything useful, but it seems like there has to be a way to do this without too much difficulty. When I first started looking into this problem, I assumed that when a port was in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsnatl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP - using port numbers?

Hi Guys, I saw this line of code in a script sftp username@hostname#2200 get file and the script never asked for password. Can you please explain on this?:confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
9 Replies
PLDD(1) 							 Linux User Manual							   PLDD(1)

NAME
pldd - display dynamic shared objects linked into a process SYNOPSIS
pldd pid pldd option DESCRIPTION
The pldd command displays a list of the dynamic shared objects that are linked into the process with the specified process ID. The list includes the libraries that have been dynamically loaded using dlopen(3). OPTIONS
-?, --help Display program help message. --usage Display a short usage message. -V, --version Display the program version. EXIT STATUS
On success, pldd exits with the status 0. If the specified process does not exist, the user does not have permission to access its dynamic shared object list, or no command-line arguments are supplied, pldd exists with a status of 1. If given an invalid option, it exits with the status 64. VERSIONS
pldd is available since glibc 2.15. CONFORMING TO
The pldd command is not specified by POSIX.1. Some other systems have a similar command. NOTES
The command lsof -p PID also shows output that includes the dynamic shared objects that are linked into a process. The gdb(1) info shared command also shows the shared libraries being used by a process, so that one can obtain similar output to pldd using a command such as the following (to monitor the process with the specified pid): $ gdb -ex "set confirm off" -ex "set height 0" -ex "info shared" -ex "quit" -p $pid | grep '^0x.*0x' BUGS
Since glibc 2.19, pldd is broken: it just hangs when executed. It is unclear if it will ever be fixed. EXAMPLE
$ echo $$ # Display PID of shell 1143 $ pldd $$ # Display DSOs linked into the shell 1143: /usr/bin/bash linux-vdso.so.1 /lib64/libtinfo.so.5 /lib64/libdl.so.2 /lib64/libc.so.6 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 /lib64/libnss_files.so.2 SEE ALSO
ldd(1), lsof(1), dlopen(3), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 PLDD(1)