Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Linking problem while linking to shared library Post 48712 by mani_kumar on Monday 15th of March 2004 04:49:17 AM
Old 03-15-2004

Hi, iam Mani

You can try with the Option -Wl,-shared for linking..

try it

all the best.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Runtime Linking shared Objects

I'm runtime linking (dlopen and dlsym) to a shared object (library) I've created and after a number of function calls into the library the program core dumps (Illegal operation). This only occurs during runtime linking. If I use the same library and dynamically link during compile time everything... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dneely
3 Replies

2. Programming

Linking with shared objects

hi all ! Do I need all the shared objects to be present while compiling my code which has reference to a only one shared object, which in turn refers to another shared object. for example I want to compile example.c which refers to sample.so sample.so has refrence to anothersample.so do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: disclaimer
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link error while linking a shared library in unix

Getting the following error , ld: /opt/syncsort39/lib/libsyncsort.sl: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA shared library found in 32-bit link. Is there any difference in the ld options in opt file while linking a 64 bit shared library ? Or is the problem because we are trying to link both 32 bit and 64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

4. AIX

linking problem

hello, Is the code compiled under Visual Age C++ Broker (a third party library) - can be used to link against a code compiled from gcc compiler. I have a problem in building xerces in AIX Please reply. Regards, Parthasarathy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Parthasarathy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

g++ linking problem...

I use Solaris 10, compiling with a custom g++ (3.4.6) and GNU binutils (2.17). Things have gone well on two different systems, but when I tried moving to a third, it all fell over. Basically, it is now using the CC linker, but I need to use options not available to it. I believe I have found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
0 Replies

6. AIX

Help while linking the library in AIX

Hi, I have one library(libfoo.a) that is folder /home/xyz and my c program is in /home/xyz/cprog. Whenever I issue cc command cc -o test test.c -lfoo , i get the error /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfoo. echo $PATH has already listing of /home/xyz variable, even LIBPATH also has same entry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishisoft1
0 Replies

7. Programming

Library linking with GMP

I am trying to set up the gnu multiple precision arithmetic library for some c++ programming I have to do. I am using a system with mac osx 10.6.3 and do NOT have root user access. I'm trying to use gmp 5.0.1. Since I don't have root user access, I had to install to a different directory Thus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluejayek
3 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling and linking Shared Libraries.

I have one C program which contains a function call. I have been given some .so and .h files. I want to know how to compile and link the c program with .so files. I tried following: $ gcc My_program.c libCommon.so My_program.c: In function āmainā: My_program.c:11: warning: parameter names... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
3 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Linking to a shared library

I'm trying to get Valgrind to work with an openmpi application in OS X. However I want to hardcode the path to a shared library called libmpiwrap-amd64-darwin.so into my application so that it is available at runtime. In Linux this is relatively simple, I would just add the option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Valgrinder
0 Replies

10. Programming

Linking problem

Hi! We recently updated the server (server is a big word, it's really just a desktop with Ubuntu that we access with ssh) on which we compile our code. Since the update my code won't compile. The linker is complaining about missing references from almost all .so that I'm linking from. It... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philippevk
0 Replies
libdl(3LIB)							Interface Libraries						       libdl(3LIB)

NAME
libdl - dynamic linking library SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldl [ library... ] DESCRIPTION
Historically, functions in libdl provided for dynamic linking support. This functionality now resides in libc(3LIB). This library is maintained to provide backward compatibility for both runtime and compilation environments. The shared object is imple- mented as a filter on the runtime linker. See ld.so.1(1). New application development need not specify -ldl. INTERFACES
The shared object libdl.so.1 provides the following public interfaces. See Intro(3) for additional information on shared object interfaces. dladdr dladdr1 dlclose dldump dlerror dlinfo dlmopen dlopen dlsym FILES
/lib/libdl.so.1 shared object /lib/64/libdl.so.1 64-bit shared object ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld.so.1(1), pvs(1), Intro(3), libc(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Mar 2004 libdl(3LIB)