Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy code to vi
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy code to vi Post 48589 by norsk hedensk on Wednesday 10th of March 2004 10:00:12 PM
Old 03-10-2004
if the text you are copying to a vi session is from a script, i would have the script dump its output to a file, then edit it like that.
ie:
./somescript > someoutputfile

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy code from shell

Hi everyone.. I'm a full-fledged newbie so bear with me. =) I'm running code in the shell, and I'd like to copy the lines into a text file. Everytime I try using Contrl-C, the lines repeat as code. Is there some sort of export history function I can use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yohoshua
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is in-core copy and disk-copy of i-node table?

I have found a question from the exercises of my study mat. The question is "Why are there a in-core copy and a disk-copy of i-node block and super block?" If any one know the proper answer then please send me..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearanik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Need help with copy

Hi Gurus, I need some help to fulfill the following requirement. I have a file A and some contents in it and I have file B and some conent in it. I need to append the contents on File A to FIle B. I am sure its Basics but missing it. Thank You, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy-pasted code behaves diffrent

Heyas I'm currently attempting to apply the code of tui-select to tui-list. That is because tui-list simply made a 1 string list, while tui-select uses dynamicly up to 3 strings per line. Anyway, so i copy pasted the code, and just made the changes marked with red.... Know that both scripts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with script to copy code to multiple servers

Hi, I am new to scripting and i am trying to use below script to copy code to multiple servers and multiple locations on each server. the script is not working or doesnt give any error. Any help is appreciated. basically i want a script to get the code from a location (dir below) and read the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ron0612
2 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::ProhibitHardTabs(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation  Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::ProhibitHardTabs(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::ProhibitHardTabs - Use spaces instead of tabs. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Putting hard tabs in your source code (or POD) is one of the worst things you can do to your co-workers and colleagues, especially if those tabs are anywhere other than a leading position. Because various applications and devices represent tabs differently, they can cause you code to look vastly different to other people. Any decent editor can be configured to expand tabs into spaces. Perl::Tidy also does this for you. This Policy catches all tabs in your source code, including POD, quotes, and HEREDOCs. The contents of the "__DATA__" section are not examined. CONFIGURATION
Hard tabs in a string are always forbidden (use " " instead). But hard tabs in a leading position are allowed when they are used to indent code statements, "qw()" word lists, and regular expressions with the "/x" modifier. However, if you want to forbid all tabs everywhere, then add this to your .perlcriticrc file: [CodeLayout::ProhibitHardTabs] allow_leading_tabs = 0 NOTES
Beware that Perl::Critic may report the location of the string that contains the tab, not the actual location of the tab, so you may need to do some hunting. I'll try and fix this in the future. AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::ProhibitHardTabs(3)