Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH arithmatic Integer overflow Post 48511 by Perderabo on Tuesday 9th of March 2004 12:29:18 PM
Old 03-09-2004
use:
value=$(echo 999999999999 * 100 | bc)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

warning: integer overflow in expression

I have the following expression: #define GB (1024 * 1024 * 1024) #define TB (1024 * GB) #define MAX_SIZE (3 * TB) off_t current_size; And then the expression... if (current_size > MAX_SIZE) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tantric
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"integer" in ksh? how to count with shell

Hy Stupid question, I know. But I can't get the Solution. As I know C / Java / PHP and other languages I can't get the point with ksh :o. in a while/do iteration I like to count up an integer counter. but counter++ doesn't work, also counter=$counter+1 echoes me 0+1+1 when I iterate 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucae
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

arithmatic with awk

hi, i am trying some awk arthmatic calculation,i have a problem if any one can help let say if i have a file exm.txt 3 + 2 3 * 2 3 / 2 3 - 2 the output expected is awk -f exm.awk exm.txt 3 + 2 = 5 3 * 2 = 6 3 / 2 = 1.5 3 - 2 = 1 i simply used exm.awk { print $1 " + " $3 "= " $1 +... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phone_book
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying a arithmatic on a command line vs scripting.

Hi Everyone! I'm trying to do simple math on a single command line instead of a script which I've already set up using let etc. I can not get the same output to display on a command line. Essentially I would like a=20, b=50, and c=a*b. When I tried: let "A=20, B=50"; let C=A*B; echo $C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CasperQuiet
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

integer comparison in ksh

Hi, I am just trying to compare integer in ksh. can you please tell me what's wrong with this code... or give me suggestions on alternative. sample code: i=0; if ; then echo inside if fi Thanks in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer in conditional ksh statement

Hi, This is confusing me and I would appreciate some help. Consider this script #!/bin/ksh typset -i stat=`ls -l $WORK/stat |wc -l` if (( $stat < 20 )) then echo true else echo false fi If the value of $stat is say 29. When I run this above it echos true and not false.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

arithmatic

Hi Guys, I am relatively new to scripting at the moment and am struggling to get the following function to work. For some reason it does not recognise the arithmatic symbol when i select option1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. menu () { echo "==============" echo "Calculator"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
4 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)