Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change my current IP address
Special Forums IP Networking change my current IP address Post 48480 by cw1972 on Tuesday 9th of March 2004 07:00:40 AM
Old 03-09-2004
in SuSE linux you would set the default gatewat in the file /etc/sysconfig/network/routes

and in RedHat Linux you would set the defaul gateway in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 by adding the 'GATEWAY=' option

no idea about solaris though, sorry

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to change IP address

Can anyone tell me how to change the IP address on a unix server, as I have no idea whatsoever. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itservices
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Change a Unix IP address

I have purchased a Dec unix Ver 3.2c machine that is about ten years old. I need to get this machine on our network (windows 2003 domain) so I can copy files to it. I know I need to change the IP address, but where and how do I change it? What else do I chang? Thanks Randy (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: randy1
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX?

How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX? means I'll run pgm from one directory , but getcwd() should return path which I want to be, which is not d current dir :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: login0001
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change from address in mailx

Hi, i am sending mails regulary for updation of data. The from addresses dispaly like POP.RECH@skk182.com i want display like oracle@skk182.com can u help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to change the email from address?

Hi Friends, I am facing one issue with my hpux server. I used to send mail from the hpux server directly to the customer id. By default the from address includes the complete hostname(eg:- user1@hostname.domain.com). My domain name is registered, but this individual hostname is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

6. AIX

Change specific (not current) date to timestamp

Hello to all. I work at AIX system without perl installed and I am restricted user, so I am limited to bash. In script that I am writing, I have to read line from file and transform date that I found inside to Unix timestamp. Line in file look something like this: Tue Mar 29 06:59:00... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hyperborejac
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change time with current year

Hi, How can i change the time below (red font) with the current year? Thank You in advance. hostname 2007-Feb-9 /u100/DEVCO/Patching a.log hostname 2010-Jun-25 /u100/DEVCO/DumpCleaner a.log hostname 2011-Jun-25 /u100/DEVCO/DumpCleaner/sample a.log hostname 23:44-Jun-25... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lienyca
2 Replies

8. Slackware

/boot: how do I change the current kernel?

Slackware 14.0 Hi: I once changed the smp kernel running in my system by another one in /boot. What I did was to relink /boot/System.map, /boot/vmlinuz and /boot/config. But I don't remember if I did something else. Would that alone be OK. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stf92
4 Replies

9. Debian

How to change local IP address?

I have a new Ethernet device that has a default IP address on a different subnet and need to change it. I have a Debian 6.0 host connected to the device with a crossover cable and have changed the host /etc/hosts and /etc/networks files to the same subnet as the new device and rebooted. Ping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Cannot change mac address

ubuntu / xubuntu 13.10 and 14.04 (this issue should exist in debian as well) I use wifi to connect to internet. I would like to change the wifi card mac address before connecting. Let's call the original mac address, macA, and the new mac address, macB. I do the following: ifconfig wlan0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arpagon
2 Replies
SMPPPD(8)							      SMPPPD								 SMPPPD(8)

NAME
smpppd - SuSE Meta PPP Daemon DESCRIPTION
smpppd is a daemon that controls several internet connections. Use a frontend like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet to control the connections and retrieve status informations. Those frontends can also run on different hosts. The configuration of the dialup connections is done by YaST2 but there are some additional options available in the file /etc/smpppd.conf. smpppd is not intended for direct use. Use rcsmpppd instead. OPTIONS
These options are recognized by smpppd. --detach Detach from the controlling terminal. This is the default. --nodeatch Don't detach from the controlling terminal. -d, --debug Turn on debugging. --version Show program version and exit. --help Show help information and exit. BUGS
ISDN support is poor. SIGNALS
SIGHUP Reload the configuration. FILES
/etc/smpppd.conf Basic configuration. /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-* Configuration files for the interfaces. /etc/sysconfig/network/providers/* Configuration files for the providers. /var/run/smpppd/control Socket to communicate with local frontends. /var/run/smpppd/ifcfg-* Sockets to communicate with backends. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, accounting(1), cinternet(1), wvdial(1), smpppd.conf(5), pppd(8), smpppd-ifcfg(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE September 2003 SMPPPD(8)