Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A complete Unix Newbie
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A complete Unix Newbie Post 48426 by Afinita on Sunday 7th of March 2004 02:06:38 PM
Old 03-07-2004
Gracias, im checking it out now Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Complete Newbie Question

I am in a test environment where i need to test several versions of UNIX, such as linux, solaris, SCO (ODT and Unixware). What i would like to know is there a universal way to work with the contents of a floppy diskette? I know some give you dos-like commands, but am looking for a way to access and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dpinion
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is unix download the complete OS

Hello people, Can anyone tell me if the download from sun.com solaris 8 is the full unix operating system?? strange question i know but ive just downloaded the whole thing 2.5G and counldnt think as to why they would let people download it for free.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

complete newbie

ok so i am trying redhat linux and i create a partiton and install it no worries then i start and i cant access any of my other drives i can mount cd roms and floppies so i am logged in as root what i want to do is mount the following drives drive 1 ide partition 2 drive 2 to 5 seen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidjk
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

complete unix noob (sorry)

This is my first time in this forum so, Hello to all!!! I have been supporting windows based machines for a few years now and I have been writing batch files to do certain tasks for what seems like an age. I've recently started a new job (as it support) and my new colleagues have said,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blastman
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX newbie NEWBIE question!

Hello everyone, Just started UNIX today! In our school we use solaris. I just want to know how do I setup Solaris 10 not the GUI one, the one where you have to type the commands like ECHO, ls, pwd, etc... I have windows xp and I also have vmware. I hope I am not missing anything! :p (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanamachi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complete Newbie requiring help

Greetings Just joined this forum and a complete newbie. So please be gentle :) I've never really scripted before nor had a project where I required to write some code. However I have a large project which I am currently doing by manually. I was wondering if someone could help me determine... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoops
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Complete Newbie looking for advice

Hi everyone! I've been browsing the forum for a couple of days, and thought it was about time to chime in. I'm having a pre-mid-life mid-life crisis (I think), and am seriously debating a career shift. I currently use a bash shell in my day to day work (very basic file management, FTP, backups,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bravestarr
8 Replies
os_type(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  os_type(3alleg4)

NAME
os_type - Stores the detected type of the OS. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern int os_type; DESCRIPTION
Set by allegro_init() to one of the values: OSTYPE_UNKNOWN - unknown, or regular MSDOS OSTYPE_WIN3 - Windows 3.1 or earlier OSTYPE_WIN95 - Windows 95 OSTYPE_WIN98 - Windows 98 OSTYPE_WINME - Windows ME OSTYPE_WINNT - Windows NT OSTYPE_WIN2000 - Windows 2000 OSTYPE_WINXP - Windows XP OSTYPE_WIN2003 - Windows 2003 OSTYPE_WINVISTA - Windows Vista OSTYPE_OS2 - OS/2 OSTYPE_WARP - OS/2 Warp 3 OSTYPE_DOSEMU - Linux DOSEMU OSTYPE_OPENDOS - Caldera OpenDOS OSTYPE_LINUX - Linux OSTYPE_SUNOS - SunOS/Solaris OSTYPE_FREEBSD - FreeBSD OSTYPE_NETBSD - NetBSD OSTYPE_IRIX - IRIX OSTYPE_DARWIN - Darwin OSTYPE_QNX - QNX OSTYPE_UNIX - Unknown Unix variant OSTYPE_BEOS - BeOS OSTYPE_MACOS - MacOS OSTYPE_MACOSX - MacOS X SEE ALSO
allegro_init(3alleg4), os_version(3alleg4), os_multitasking(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 os_type(3alleg4)