Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sqlplus -s error capture
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sqlplus -s error capture Post 48409 by jim mcnamara on Friday 5th of March 2004 03:26:59 PM
Old 03-05-2004
Code:
UIPW="username/password"

PrntCode=$(echo "$UIPW
           set pages 0
           SELECT job_num
           FROM   jobs
           WHERE  jobs_name = '&1'; " |
           $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s  $new_value) 
echo "$1"

If you embed your sql code, stdin becomes the script rather than the terminal like it does with your call.

This will just bomb and not require user intervention - $? will have the return code. Know that the return code is not just one or zero. Non-zero is failure.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error connecting to sqlplus

Hi, I wrote a shell script to call oracle procedure. But when i am trying to connet sqlplus with the fallowing statement It is giving me error " callproce.sh : sqlplus: not found". What could be the problem. sqlplus -s $CONNECT_STRING >$LOGFILE <<!! thank u all papachi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: papachi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS error

I am running a script that invokes SQLPLUS. During the execution I get the following: SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.8.0 - Production on Mon Jun 11 16:12:50 2007 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.8.0 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus error output to different error log file

HELLO, I am using such a command to write oracle sqlplus query result to text file: sqlplus -S xxx/xxx@xxxxxxx @\tmp\2.sql>\tmp\123.txt Is it possible to script that: If command succesfull write in \tmp\log.txt: timestamp and "succeded" and create 123.txt with results else If error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomasba
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capture Error In SQL Plus

Hi I am trying to fetch the data from Oracle Table More my_query.sql | sqlplus -s 'scott/tiger@OrcaleSID ' | sed 's///g;s///g' > sample_file Now if the table passed in the my_query.sql is wrong or there is some other error insied SQL how i can caputure that i tried More... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS Error Capturing

This is my .sh file sqlplus -s my_user/my_pswd@mydb @my_sql.sql ret_code=$? if then echo "return code is $ret_code " echo "Failed" else echo "return code is $ret_code " echo "Success" fi ===================================================== and my_sql.sql is whenever... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emailsafath2011
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture the error code a use it in error table?

Hello Everyone, I have written a file validation script in unix to compare the data and trigger file.My requirement is if the file validation fails,I need to upate the error details in a table ex:Below is the one of many validation checks i am doing if then echo "Actual count between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX using ksh. Created a unix script which generates the CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ... and GRANT .. statements, which are placed in a single .txt file. Now I need to execute the contents in the file (there are around 300 view creation and grant statements) in Oracle and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture error before pipe

Hi, I have a script that runs a tar command to standard out then pipes to a gzip: tar cfE - * | gzip -c > OUT.gz At the moment, even if the tar fails (e.g. because of lack of disk space), the gzip still runs successfully. Is there a way to make the whole line exit with a non-zero error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Catullus
6 Replies

10. AIX

SQLoader & SQLplus error ?

Hi experts, I have got the following errors when running my sqloader script : Can anyone give me a hand ? ERROR: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified SP2-0306: Invalid option. Usage: CONN ] where <logon> ::= <username> <proxy> ::= <proxyuser>... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaewong
14 Replies
PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)													      PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_activate - activate a capture handle SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_activate(pcap_t *p); DESCRIPTION
pcap_activate() is used to activate a packet capture handle to look at packets on the network, with the options that were set on the handle being in effect. RETURN VALUE
pcap_activate() returns 0 on success without warnings, PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP on success on a device that doesn't support promiscuous mode if promiscuous mode was requested, PCAP_WARNING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP on success if the time stamp type specified in a previous pcap_set_tstamp_type() call isn't supported by the capture source (the time stamp type is left as the default), PCAP_WARNING on success with any other warning, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if the handle has already been activated, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE if the capture source specified when the handle was created doesn't exist, PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED if the process doesn't have permission to open the capture source, PCAP_ERROR_PROMISC_PERM_DENIED if the process has permission to open the capture source but doesn't have permission to put it into promiscuous mode, PCAP_ERROR_RFMON_NOTSUP if monitor mode was specified but the capture source doesn't support monitor mode, PCAP_ERROR_IFACE_NOT_UP if the capture source is not up, and PCAP_ERROR if another error occurred. If PCAP_WARNING or PCAP_ERROR is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display a message describing the warning or error. If PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, or PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display an message giving additional details about the problem that might be useful for debugging the problem if it's unexpected. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP) 5 April 2008 PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)