Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) root/admin authorization and PackageMaker Post 48333 by ropers on Wednesday 3rd of March 2004 04:44:26 PM
Old 03-03-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by [MA]Flying_Meat
Sorry I don't have definitive (or maybe even correct) answer to your question.
You're very welcome, any thoughts on this are very welcome. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root/admin commands in LINUX

Hi I am working on LINUX shell scripting. I have root privileges and I know some basic root/admin commands like user creation, modification and so on. Till last week i was able to create users but now i am not able to create users or groups. When I give the command i got an error as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naina
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root admin info

(Very New to UNIX- Solaris world) I have my Solaris 10 system built, and can login using root. This root user is a super type of admin user as I understand it. 1.My question is do UNIX admins usually use this account for all admin tasks or do they use another account similar to this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deedaz
2 Replies

3. Programming

C NTLM Authorization via HTTP

Greetings, I am writing a C socket application that needs NTLM authorization before it can post HTTP requests, and I am having trouble with NTLM authorization messages. :b: I've found the following urls extremely valuable for creating message functions: Davenport WebDAV-SMB Gateway... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edvin
1 Replies

4. Gentoo

help|how to rest my password admin(root)

i have gentoo and i dont know what is my password user admin(root) how i can to rest my passord? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: turivnkl
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read authorization for everybody on sub-directory owned by root

Hello. On my family laptop, I have a directory named /local. It is owned by root. I want to create a sub-directory named documents ( /local/documents ). I want to exclude exec for every body in that directory I want every authenticated linux user can create a sub directory ( ie :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies

8. AIX

Change "root" to "root.admin" in outgoing e-mails

Our AIX servers send e-mails which have the "from" address set to "root@company.com" for our root user ("C{M}company.com" in /etc/sendmail.cf). The problem is that when bad e-mails are sent out or rejected by remote servers, they are being returned and delivered to e-mail box of "Mary Root". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies
debpear(1)						      General Commands Manual							debpear(1)

NAME
debpear - automatically builds and installs PEAR packages as Debian packages SYNOPSIS
debpear [options] <pear-package-name> DESCRIPTION
debpear is a tool to automatically create and build a Debian package out of a PHP PEAR package. It will download the PEAR package from pear.php.net, then by looking into it, create the corresponding Debian package, and eventually also installs it. PARAMETERS
<pear-package-name> Defines the PEAR package name you want to install, as seen on the http://pear.php.net/ site. Make sure respect the case in the name of the package (for example: Package_NAME). OPTIONS
--build-dir|-b Specify the directory where the Debian package will be built. --verbose|-v Makes debpear more verbose. --channel|-c channel Specify the URL channel of the PEAR package. Currently not implemented: please contribute! --tarball|-t tarball --pkg-version|-pv pkg-version [ --wget|-w URL ] Do not use "pear download" to optain the PEAR package from upstream authors. Instead, use tarball and use pkg-version when building the package. Eventually also download the tarball from URL using wget before building. --install|-i Install the resulting debian package in your system. Note that you must be root to use this option. If you aren't root, then debpear will try to get root using sudo. EXAMPLE
debpear -i Auth_RADIUS This will create a php-auth-radius package in ./build-area, and automatically install it. Because it's written in the package.xml shipped with Auth_RADIUS at pear.php.net, php-auth-radius will depend on php5-radius. debpear -t current.tgz -pv 1.3.1 -w http://downloads.jasig.org/cas-clients/php/current.tgz CAS Downloads cas-clients from http://downloads.jasig.org/cas-clients/php/current.tgz, as current.tgz in the current directory, then builds it as if it was downloaded as CAS-1.3.1.tgz by "pear download". IMPORTANT
Note that the debian/copyright file generated by debpear isn't good enough for redistribution of the created packages. You should carefuly review the PEAR package license before doing so. Also, debpear has been created for convenience, but it will never replace the manual work of an experienced Debian maintainer for creating PEAR packages. It can, however, be used to create a template pack- age quickly, before a careful review, in order to save time building a Debian PEAR package. AUTHORS
debpear has been written by Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>, and is maintained inside the PKG PHP PEAR Debian team, that can be reached at: <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>. debpear(1)