Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) root/admin authorization and PackageMaker Post 48333 by ropers on Wednesday 3rd of March 2004 04:44:26 PM
Old 03-03-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by [MA]Flying_Meat
Sorry I don't have definitive (or maybe even correct) answer to your question.
You're very welcome, any thoughts on this are very welcome. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root/admin commands in LINUX

Hi I am working on LINUX shell scripting. I have root privileges and I know some basic root/admin commands like user creation, modification and so on. Till last week i was able to create users but now i am not able to create users or groups. When I give the command i got an error as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naina
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root admin info

(Very New to UNIX- Solaris world) I have my Solaris 10 system built, and can login using root. This root user is a super type of admin user as I understand it. 1.My question is do UNIX admins usually use this account for all admin tasks or do they use another account similar to this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deedaz
2 Replies

3. Programming

C NTLM Authorization via HTTP

Greetings, I am writing a C socket application that needs NTLM authorization before it can post HTTP requests, and I am having trouble with NTLM authorization messages. :b: I've found the following urls extremely valuable for creating message functions: Davenport WebDAV-SMB Gateway... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edvin
1 Replies

4. Gentoo

help|how to rest my password admin(root)

i have gentoo and i dont know what is my password user admin(root) how i can to rest my passord? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: turivnkl
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read authorization for everybody on sub-directory owned by root

Hello. On my family laptop, I have a directory named /local. It is owned by root. I want to create a sub-directory named documents ( /local/documents ). I want to exclude exec for every body in that directory I want every authenticated linux user can create a sub directory ( ie :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies

8. AIX

Change "root" to "root.admin" in outgoing e-mails

Our AIX servers send e-mails which have the "from" address set to "root@company.com" for our root user ("C{M}company.com" in /etc/sendmail.cf). The problem is that when bad e-mails are sent out or rejected by remote servers, they are being returned and delivered to e-mail box of "Mary Root". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies
pkg::create(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						    pkg::create(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pkg::create - Construct an appropriate 'package ifneeded' command for a given package specification SYNOPSIS
::pkg::create -name packageName -version packageVersion ?-load filespec? ... ?-source filespec? ... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
::pkg::create is a utility procedure that is part of the standard Tcl library. It is used to create an appropriate package ifneeded com- mand for a given package specification. It can be used to construct a pkgIndex.tcl file for use with the package mechanism. OPTIONS
The parameters supported are: -name packageName This parameter specifies the name of the package. It is required. -version packageVersion This parameter specifies the version of the package. It is required. -load filespec This parameter specifies a binary library that must be loaded with the load command. filespec is a list with two elements. The first element is the name of the file to load. The second, optional element is a list of commands supplied by loading that file. If the list of procedures is empty or omitted, ::pkg::create will set up the library for direct loading (see pkg_mkIndex). Any num- ber of -load parameters may be specified. -source filespec This parameter is similar to the -load parameter, except that it specifies a Tcl library that must be loaded with the source com- mand. Any number of -source parameters may be specified. At least one -load or -source parameter must be given. SEE ALSO
package(n) KEYWORDS
auto-load, index, package, version Tcl 8.3 pkg::create(n)