Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dual IP addressing
Special Forums IP Networking Dual IP addressing Post 48304 by RTM on Wednesday 3rd of March 2004 09:01:15 AM
Old 03-03-2004
It sounds like your application is on a DMZ - access from the internal WAN would have to be allowed with firewall rules on the firewall - you need to talk to the person/s in charge of your firewalls/network. Realize there are security concerns with opening up your server on the DMZ to both external and internal.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP Addressing with Digital Unix

I'm trying to set up an IP address on a Digital Unix box. I would like to know the commands in order to do so. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavelyj
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

scsi floppy drive addressing

Does anyone know of a site that documents the various addressing schemes used with SCSI floppy disk drives? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drew_Harrison
5 Replies

3. Linux

Linux IP addressing Problem

hello, we are having a LAN of about 100 nodes each installed with windows 2000. the default gateway ip address of each system has been assigned the IP of a personal router which connects us to the internet. and offcourse there are a few DNS address also. the ip address range from 192.168.1.1 to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

addressing variable content...

I want to address a variable content whose name is/matches the content of a given other variable. i.e. set name=´sam´ set ${name}_age=´27´ So, by typing: echo ${name}_age I correctly obtain: sam_age By typing: echo $sam_age or echo ${sam_age} I correctly obtain: 27 But how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sobolev
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Electronic Mail Addressing

"A Directory of Electronic Mail Addressing & Networks" by Donnalyn Frey and Rick Adams (O'Reilly & Associates, 1993), Xerox Grapevine, DECNET. The book tells about lots of different ways to present an email address. What i know of are Internet (user@host), UUCP (host!user) and DECNET (host::user)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
2 Replies

6. Programming

Memory addressing question

Forgive me if this sounds like a newbie question. Any time you obtain a stack address from a pointer, what is this relative to by default? Is it the extra segment, the stack segment, what? How do you change change the relative positioning in memory? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Addressing question

This is probably a stupid question but I am finding a tricky issue on my Solaris machines right now. I changed the hostname for my servers as requested by my superior. I had one server that lost it's entire network configuration when I rebooted. I reconfigured it with it's address and I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnxjenn
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

32 bit process addressing more than 4GB

Hello for all, I am testing the behavior of a 32 bit application running on Solaris 5.10 (SPARC), and realize it reaches 4GB of memory and then crashes. It doesn't matter the amount of used memory as application is intended to perform many transactions; rather, what I want to achieve is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leito7824
2 Replies
FIRESTARTER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FIRESTARTER(8)

NAME
firestarter - program to manage and observe firewalls SYNOPSIS
firestarter [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the firestarter command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in html format (see below). firestarter is a GNOME program that will help you in configuring and monitoring a GNU/Linux firewall using either ipchains or iptables. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --generate-scripts Generate firewall scripts from current configuration. If firestarter is updated and you don't want to run the GUI, the scripts in /etc/firestarter are not up-to-date. So you have to run firestarter with this option to update the scripts. -h, --help Show summary of options. --lock Lock the firewall, blocking all traffic. -p, --stop Stop the firewall. -s, --start Start the firewall. --start-hidden Start firestarter with the GUI not visible. -v, --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
This program is fully documented in http://www.fs-security.com/docs/. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ryan M. Golbeck <rmgolbeck@debian.org> and later revised by Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> and Yann Ver- ley <yann.verley@free.fr> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). November 26, 2004 FIRESTARTER(8)