Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: finding port numbers
Special Forums IP Networking finding port numbers Post 48297 by malcom on Wednesday 3rd of March 2004 02:44:47 AM
Old 03-03-2004
Hi,

which OS ????????????? On lInux use netstat -tulpen

Regards
malcom

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

finding a process running on a port

how do I find the process that is running on a port in HP-Unix? Murali (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manduva
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding and replacing port numbers.

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script which firstly will search some files and then increase the port numbers mentioned in them by a certain no. let me clear it with an example- suppose there r few files a,b,c,d.... file a's content- <serverEntries xmi:id="ServerEntry_1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankushsingh10
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Finding port number !!

Hi all , I want know the port no on which a particular application is running. How to find that? Thanks in anticipation (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the sum of two numbers

cat *.out |grep "<some text>" | awk '{print $6}' For ex,This will reutrn me 11111 22222 is it possible to add these two numbers in the above given command itself?I can write this to a file and find the sum. But I prefer to this calculation in the above given line itself. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

TCP port numbers reused

Hello all, I am loosing the diameter connection between two servers and when the connection is trying to comes up again i see the following message in the tracer. and after 1 second the connection resets. As far i know the connection stay in state TIME_WAIT for a while(60 seconds in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @dagio
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding occurences of numbers

I have two files The first file is in following format 5 937 8 1860 5 1 683 2 1 129 2 2 5 938 8 1122 5 1 20 520 4 1860 1851 1 5 939 8 1122 1124 1 20 521 4 5883 14 6 1860 1852 1 683 4 2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuggler
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding lowest numbers

i want to basically get the lowest numbers from a list ... for example my input file is .... 1 2 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 Now i want to create a script or a one liner which i can use like this ... for example ..../getlowest 3 --> this gives me the next 3 lowest numbers which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding distance between numbers

Hi, I have a file as ABC 1634230,1634284,1634349,1634468 1634272,1634301,1634356,1634534 What I want is to find distance between the numbers.. column 1 is the gene name and column 2 are starts and column 3 are their respective stops for the starts. So what I want is column 3 which has +1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

9. SCO

Problem finding what is using a serial port

How can I determine what process is currently using a serial port? A good bit of google searching hasn't turned up anything useful, but it seems like there has to be a way to do this without too much difficulty. When I first started looking into this problem, I assumed that when a port was in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsnatl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP - using port numbers?

Hi Guys, I saw this line of code in a script sftp username@hostname#2200 get file and the script never asked for password. Can you please explain on this?:confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
9 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)