Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Number of Disk Mirrored in HP-UX Post 48154 by jim mcnamara on Friday 27th of February 2004 10:04:32 AM
Old 02-27-2004
If you are running HPUX 11i you probably are are using Veritas Volume management. I don't know what you have installed.

The veritas manaul is here:

http://docs.hp.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Mirrored disk.....

How do I know, which all disks are mirrored? any command? Bala (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating create mirrored disk files systems using mkfs command

What is the correct mkfs syntax to create mirrored disk files systems? I need to make the file system 20gb. For example: machine# mkfs -F ufs /dev/md/dsk/d40 size not specified ufs usage: mkfs special size(sectors) \ -m : dump fs cmd line used to make this partition -V : print this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 not booting with mirrored disk

Hi all, I have a V490 running with Solaris 10. The OS disk was mirrored. I wanted to break the mirror, boot with the secondary mirror, and re-mirror the OS with a new disk. This is what I did, detached the metadevices of the secondary mirror disk (disk 1) metaclear-ed the metadevices,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinp82
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Remove os mirrored disk Solaris 10

Hello once again seeking your help, I have a mirrored disk and need to unmirror it to mount it as a new file system (/export) but could not find the correct steps to do it with out affecting the original disk. can anybody point me out on how to get this done. Thanks!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQG
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of Inode on a disk

How we can know number of inode present in my Disk including free and occupied. Is there any tool or program to know how much free inode are there in inode free list . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Boot from Mirrored disk

So I have mirrored disk already set up from c1t0d0 to c1t1d0. Is there some special procedures that I need to do before I do and then try to boot from the mirrored disk? I am using a V490 if that helps... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew_1980
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Need help replacing a mirrored boot disk

I have a v480 with a mirrored boot disk c1t0 and c1t1. The drives themselves don't show a failure but the mirror's need maintenance. This is my plan for replacing the drive. I would love feedback to point out what I"m missing or where my steps are incorrect. Two things I believe I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcoffey
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Booting 2nd mirrored boot disk

Hi guys, thanks for helping out. If you have two boot disk mirrored and your primary boot disk fails, how will you boot the system from the second disk? Thank you very much for your assistance on this matter. Arrey (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

10. AIX

Disk model number

Hi Please let me know how to check disk model number. I have already tried prtconf command but there is no such information related to model number. Regards, Scriptor (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies
vxdarestore(1M) 														   vxdarestore(1M)

NAME
vxdarestore - restore simple or nopriv disk access records SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxdarestore DESCRIPTION
The vxdarestore utility is used to restore persistent simple or nopriv disk access (da) records that have failed due to changing the naming scheme used by vxconfigd from c#t#d#-based to enclosure-based. The use of vxdarestore is required if you use the vxdiskadm command to change from the c#t#d#-based to the enclosure-based naming scheme. As a result, some existing persistent simple or nopriv disks go into the "error" state and the VxVM objects on those disks fail. vxdarestore may be used to restore the disk access records that have failed. The utility also recovers the VxVM objects on the failed disk access records. Note: vxdarestore may only be run when vxconfigd is using the enclosure-based naming scheme. Note: You can use the command vxdisk list da_name to discover whether a disk access record is persistent. The record is non-persistent if the flags field includes the flag autoconfig; otherwise it is persistent. The following sections describe how to use the vxdarestore utility under various conditions. Persistent Simple/Nopriv Disks in the rootdg Disk Group If all persistent simple or nopriv disks in the rootdg disk group go into the "error" state, use the following procedure: 1. Use the vxdiskadm command to change back to the c#t#d# based naming scheme. 2. Either shut down and reboot the host, or run the following command: vxconfigd -kr reset 3. If you want to use the enclosure-based naming scheme, add a non-persistent simple disk to the rootdg disk group, use vxdiskadm to change to the enclosure-based naming scheme, and then run vxdarestore. Note: If not all the disks in rootdg go into the error state, simply running vxdarestore restores those disks in the error state and the objects that that they contain. Persistent Simple/Nopriv Disks in Disk Groups other than rootdg If all disk access records in an imported disk group consist only of persistent simple and/or nopriv disks, the disk group is put in the "online dgdisabled" state after changing to the enclosure-based naming scheme. For such disk groups, perform the following steps: 1. Deport the disk group using the following command: vxdg deport diskgroup 2. Run the vxdarestore command. 3. Re-import the disk group using the following command: vxdg import diskgroup NOTES
Use of the vxdarestore command is not required in the following cases: o If there are no persistent simple or nopriv disk access records on an HP-UX host. o If all devices on which simple or nopriv disks are present are not automatically configurable by VxVM. For example, third-party drivers export devices that are not automatically configured by VxVM. VxVM objects on simple/nopriv disks created from such disks are not affected by switching to the enclosure based naming scheme. The vxdarestore command does not handle the following cases: o If the enclosure-based naming scheme is in use and the vxdmpadm command is used to change the name of an enclosure, the disk access names of all devices in that enclosure are also changed. As a result, any persistent simple/nopriv disks in the enclosure are put into the "error" state, and VxVM objects configured on those disks fail. o If the enclosure-based naming scheme is in use and the system is rebooted after making hardware configuration changes to the host. This may change the disk access names and cause some persistent simple/nopriv disks to be put into the "error" state. o If the enclosure-based naming scheme is in use, the device discovery layer claims some disks under the JBOD category, and the vxdd- ladm rmjbod command is used to remove remove support for the JBOD category for disks from a particular vendor. As a result of the consequent name change, disks with persistent disk access records are put into the "error" state, and VxVM objects configured on those disks fail. EXIT CODES
A zero exit status is returned if the operation is successful or if no actions were necessary. An exit status of 1 is returned if vxdare- store is run while vxconfigd is using the c#t#d# naming scheme. An exit status of 2 is returned if vxconfigd is not running. SEE ALSO
vxconfigd(1M), vxdg(1M), vxdisk(1M), vxdiskadm(1M), vxdmpadm(1M), vxintro(1M), vxreattach(1M), vxrecover(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdarestore(1M)