Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: snmpd daemon error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers snmpd daemon error Post 48141 by Neo on Friday 27th of February 2004 08:41:25 AM
Old 02-27-2004
This error, more than likely, comes from a misconfigration of your SNMP environment.

You should start, step-by-step, to insure your configuration is correct.

You will have to stop the processes at some point, since your SNMP environment is misconfigured.

Neo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

tftp daemon error

Hi everyone, I am currently receiving an error on my console that reads something like: <host> tftpd: socket (delay): Protocol not supported I have done so much research into tftpd, i've looked everywhere to find out what this might be caused by...unfortunately i have Solaris 8, so there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: myscsa2004
5 Replies

2. AIX

snmpd modification problem

Hi Gurus, I am relatively new in AIX. I have a problem in modifying the community string in snmpd. I have edited the /etc/snmpd.conf file and changed the default community name 'public' to new one (P@@$w0rd). When I tried to query my aix server with the new string , it is not giving any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helloajith
1 Replies

3. Linux

Snmpd

Hello to all. For setting my MRTG i want get snmp-info with LAN interface eth0 but information about snmpd daemon very small :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
0 Replies

4. Solaris

snmpd manager question

Solaris 8 I have a question about snmpd. My software is running on one box. This box has 2 snmp managers. Is it possible to configure snmpd on my software box such that only one of the managers can perform snmpsets? I want my *redundant* snmp manager only to be able receive traps and do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

SNMPD: need a little help.

Hi there all, I am running here an HP UX 11i v1. I got snmpd running here now. But how do I configure it so it also shows the HD's and swap and RAM's? So I can get the info back to Solarwinds Orion? All I get now is network card status. I want as many info as posible.. Thanx and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

AIX - snmpd version

Hi, I have a P595 server with AIX 5.3 and i need to know what version of snmpd i use on this: Example: On solaris i use Net-snmpd 5.4.2.1 (netsnmp-5.4.2.1-sol9-sparc-local) because i can see the package. How can i see what snmpd package is installed on the AIX? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymouzz
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adm: [ID 70291 daemon.error]

Hi all I have been having this error in dmesg for quite some time and I'm not sure what's the errors associate with it. The closest I can get is the error in the fd2log, mv: cannot rename pacct.0 to SPacct.0.xxxx: Permission denied I initially solved the problem by setting the folder group... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
9 Replies

8. AIX

Disable snmpd for good

Hi everyone, I am struggling with something that I thought it would be really easy. I want to disable snmpd, but every time y reboot my server, it starts again. I've commented it out on the rc.tcpip file, but still it starts automatically. # Start up the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janpol
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Daemon error in Solaris 11

Hi guys, thanks for your help. Please can some explain to me what this error means Aug 21 09:18:29 solaris11 in.ndpd: incoming_ra: SIOCSLIFLNKINFO (interface net1): Invalid argument I am running solaris 11 in Sunfire T2000 Thank you very much for your assistance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Snmpd dying on centos7.1

Hello All, SNMPD dying after 2 mins once it started. Here is the configuration Oct 12 04:43:00 localhost systemd: Starting Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Daemon.... Oct 12 04:43:00 localhost snmpd: dlopen failed: /usr/lib64/libcmaX64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekar777
1 Replies
cups-snmp(8)							    Apple Inc.							      cups-snmp(8)

NAME
snmp - cups snmp backend SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/cups/backend/snmp ip-address-or-hostname lpinfo -v --include-schemes snmp DESCRIPTION
The CUPS SNMP backend provides legacy discovery and identification of network printers using SNMPv1. When used for discovery through the scheduler, the backend will list all printers that respond to a broadcast SNMPv1 query with the "public" community name. Additional queries are then sent to printers that respond in order to determine the correct device URI, make and model, and other information needed for printing. In the first form, the SNMP backend is run directly by the user to look up the device URI and other information when you have an IP address or hostname. This can be used for programs that need to configure print queues where the user has supplied an address but nothing else. In the second form, the SNMP backend is run indirectly using the lpinfo(8) command. The output provides all printers detected via SNMP on the configured broadcast addresses. Note: no broadcast addresses are configured by default. MIBS
The CUPS SNMP backend uses the information from the Host, Printer, and Port Monitor MIBs along with some vendor private MIBs and intelli- gent port probes to determine the correct device URI and make and model for each printer. CONFIGURATION
The SNMP backend reads the /etc/cups/snmp.conf configuration file, if present, to set the default broadcast address, community name, and logging level. The configuration file is documented in cups-snmp.conf(5). The DebugLevel value can be overridden using the CUPS_DEBUG_LEVEL environment variable and the MaxRunTime value can be overridden using the CUPS_MAX_RUN_TIME environment variable. SEE ALSO
backend(7), cups-snmp.conf(5), cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), filter(7), lpinfo(8), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 23 April 2012 CUPS cups-snmp(8)