Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Set Up Coredump's
Operating Systems Solaris Set Up Coredump's Post 48128 by mzyvn6 on Friday 27th of February 2004 04:37:45 AM
Old 02-27-2004
Set Up Coredump's

I am trying to set up coredumps on a server, I have enabled the coreadm, and have also set a path to whre the coredumps will go.

I now need to set the ulimit , as this is set to 0. I made the change:
ulimit -c 8192

but when I logged out and back in, it was set back to 0 again. I need to know how to make it stay permanent ?
Or is there something else missing, in setting up coredumps ?

Please any ideas welcome...Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

coredump

i create one executed file (based on c language). when 1 try to executed the file, the result show me the bus error (coredump). can you help me to solve this problem. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lala
2 Replies

2. Programming

Strncpy - coredump

haiu all what makes strncpy to coredump (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
0 Replies

3. Solaris

metainit gives coredump

SunOS unknown 5.9 Generic_118558-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 I'm trying to set up mirroring and am running into a problem: As you can see, I set up the metadb, but am getting a coredump when running metainit. I saw this through google, but don't know the validity of it. Any ideas? #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

coredump after every reboot

Every time I reboot our solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R) box, I get the messages below: # dmesg | grep dump Mar 24 12:39:55 hostname savecore: initial dump header corrupt Mar 24 12:39:55 hostname genunix: dump on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 size 700 MB Mar 24... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

handling a coredump on HP?

This works for all my normal executions. But on one machine, a coredump is expected on one command. We don't care and know it will always happen, but need to confirm the version info from the start of the output. This is output from the exe: $ ./Up -*-*- XXXXXXX UPDATE XXXXX Version... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
7 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

How to set CoreDump in SuSE 10

Hi All, Am trying to modify the coreDump value in SuSE 10 by doing the following steps : 1. Add the line "ulimit -Sc 1004" to /etc/profile 2. Relogin using telnet and try the command "ulimit -c". The value is 1004 3. Now relogin using xbrowser the ulimit value is not reflected. OS :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Laksmi
1 Replies

7. AIX

coredump: xsnaadmin

Hello! I do have an IBM pSeries 7043 server running AIX 5.2.0.0. Well, I do have trouble to run xsnaadmin tool remotely, I mean, the xsnaadmin tool can't run on exported X display. What I'm doing is aixserver>export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0 aixserver>xsnaadmin Segmentation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jssanche
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc throwing coredump

Hi Gurus, I tried bc 1000 % 10 on tcsh and ksh and its throwing a core dump on a sun solaris machine. uname -a SunOS azote 5.9 Generic_118558-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 Please let me know if you find anything. Thanks, Kinny (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
8 Replies

9. HP-UX

Coredump HP-UX 11.23 and 11.31

Hi, I'm looking for the help on how to implement coredump using the tools that comes with HP-UX 11.23 and HP-UX 11.31. To also avoid the the dump files fill-up the root disk when dump occurs. I'm new to this and would need step by step please. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory fault(Coredump)

Hi, In my application we have one job which is used to process the files. But that job is failing with memory fault while processing a file or while shutting down the job. Sometime it generates the coredump and sometimes not. When I analysed the core dump I got below code snippet where it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_20
3 Replies
ULIMIT(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 ULIMIT(3)

NAME
ulimit -- get and set process limits LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <ulimit.h> long ulimit(int cmd, ...); DESCRIPTION
The ulimit() function will get and set process limits. Currently this is limited to the maximum file size. The cmd argument is one of the following: UL_GETFSIZE will return the maximum file size in units of 512 blocks of the current process. UL_SETFSIZE will attempt to set the maximum file size of the current process and its children with the second argument expressed as a long. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, ulimit() returns the value requested; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The ulimit() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The command specified was invalid. [EPERM] The limit specified to ulimit() would have raised the maximum limit value, and the caller is not the super-user. SEE ALSO
getrlimit(2) STANDARDS
The ulimit() function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The ulimit() function first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. BUGS
The ulimit() function provides limited precision for setting and retrieving process limits. If there is a need for greater precision than the type long provides, the getrlimit(2) and setrlimit(2) functions should be considered. BSD
January 4, 2003 BSD