Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) shell script location w/ Panther Post 48102 by ropers on Thursday 26th of February 2004 01:38:34 PM
Old 02-26-2004
Thanks folks, the issue is resolved.
The "bloody comptetition" Smilie was quicker this time! ;-)

(Hmm. Couldn't find an option to close threads. Wonder if they do that automatically, then?)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

UNIX on OS X (Panther)

I wanna know what Panther (The Next Major Release Of OS X) Due Date: around August I predict that X11 will be released in a new Full stable version in the new OS X (No new revelation) And Safari (Apple's FAST Internet Browser) will be implemented in Full... I'm Guessing that the new G5... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DonJawz
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the geographical location within a shell script

Hi, I need a shell script that when run should be able to find the geographical location of the system. can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Sundeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Copy files from one location to another location

Create a script that copies files from one specified directory to another specified directory, in the order they were created in the original directory between specified times. Copy the files at a specified interval. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to replicate the log files from one location to another in real time

Hi, On the server, we have app log files in this location /app/logs/error.log On the same server, in a real time, we would like to replicate that into /var/ directory. if someone has already done this, please share the script. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to add input at certain location into a file

Hi, I am using Solaris 10 OS and trying to create shell script that can add input at certain location into a file. The input that I am trying to put is new domain name e.g @newdomain.com the file contains, more test01.out user/zzzz786@st.com/INBOX user/zzzz@po.com/INBOX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read specified value from file and echo to the same location to other file.

Hello. I want to to backup some "default:" values from a file do some other job and after restore that "default:" values back. The problem is that the source and destination file has a lot of default: strings in it but with different values... So.. Here is an example: A part of my source... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ausdim
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the files in to multiple location using shell script

Hi All, i'm trying to copy the 1.txt files (sample files) in to different path location using the below command. But it is not copying the files , when i tried for single location able to copy the file. can any one please assist here. Please find the below path :- /ckr_mkr1/licencekey... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from UNIX to shared location using shell script

Is there any possible way transfering the file from unix to shared location using shell script. i had created the batch script to fetch the files from unix to shared location and it works fine. Due to some problem in windows unable to transfer the file to shared location automatically. can anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change the path location within the shell script?

Hi ALL, I am trying to find the installed tomcat version and location of the server.xml file to get the tomcat port number. Using below script to do that. #!/usr/bin/env bash var1=$(find / -name "version.sh" ! -size 0 2>&1 |egrep -v "tmp|docker") for loc1 in $var1 do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravani25
1 Replies
CALIFE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 CALIFE(1)

NAME
calife -- becomes root (or another user) legally. SYNOPSIS
calife [-] [login] or ... [-] [login] for some sites (check with your administrator). DESCRIPTION
Calife requests user's own password for becoming login (or root, if no login is provided), and switches to that user and group ID after veri- fying proper rights to do so. A shell is then executed. If calife is executed by root, no password is requested and a shell with the appro- priate user ID is executed. The invoked shell is the user's own except when a shell is specified in the configuration file calife.auth. If ``-'' is specified on the command line, user's profile files are read as if it was a login shell. This is not the traditional behavior of su. Only users specified in calife.auth can use calife to become another one with this method. You can specify in the calife.auth file the list of logins allowed for users when using calife. See calife.auth(5) for more details. calife.auth is installed as /etc/calife.auth. FILES
/etc/calife.auth List of users authorized to use calife and the users they can become. /etc/calife.out This script is executed just after getting out of calife. SEE ALSO
su(1), calife.auth(5), group(5), environ(7) ENVIRONMENT
The original environment is kept. This is not a security problem as you have to be yourself at login (i.e. it does not have the same security implications as in su(1) ). Environment variables used by calife: HOME Default home directory of real user ID. PATH Default search path of real user ID unless modified as specified above. TERM Provides terminal type which may be retained for the substituted user ID. USER The user ID is always the effective ID (the target user ID) after an su unless the user ID is 0 (root). BUGS
The MD5-based crypt(3) function is slower and probably stronger than the DES-based one but it is usable only among FreeBSD 2.0+ systems. HISTORY
A calife command appeared in DG/UX, written for Antenne 2 in 1991. It has evolved considerably since this period with more OS support, user lists handling and improved logging. PAM support was introduced in 2005 to port it to MacOS X variants (Panther and up). AUTHOR
Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr> BSD
September 25, 1994 BSD