Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Maxtor vs. OpenBSD
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Maxtor vs. OpenBSD Post 48091 by bsdave on Thursday 26th of February 2004 11:08:28 AM
Old 02-26-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by oombera
bsdave, while you're waiting for a reply, can you list the exact steps you're taking up to the point that everything freezes..? Are you seeing any errors inparticular displaying on screen?
Heh, there is no problem.....
I only set up NORMAL mode in BIOS for this drive.... and after that install OpenBSd without any troubles.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help with openbsd 2.9

Please help. I have downloaded the openbsd 2.9 snapshot from ftp.openbsd.org. the following files were downloaded from the snapshot dir. ( the whole dir. was downloaded ) base29,bsd,bsd.rd,cdrom29.fs,cksum,comp29,etc29,all three floppy images,game29,index,install.ata,install.chs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenBSD installation

Hello I'm trying to install OpenBSD on my computer.. My partitions are these: wd0c : Where I have windows XP (NTFS) wd0j : Where I want to install OpenBSD (4.2BSD) wd0k: Where I have the installation files (Fat32) When the installation comes to the part where it mounts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hamcha
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenBSD Questions

Hello Today I installed OpenBSD, and it went great (I hope) But I'm a little confused.. I've run ´Linux slackware before, and when I recompiled the kernel there, I did it in /usr/src/linux-xxx But in OpenBSD the /usr/src dir is empty! And how do I get X-windows to work? I tried to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hamcha
2 Replies

4. BSD

OpenBSD security

OpenBSD is best OS in the world! - I'm talking about security :) After 10 years popularity in OpenBSD, was founded just!!!!!!!!!!!!! just one security hole! You can download OpenBSD from there . However, do you know a better OS? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zylwyz
1 Replies

5. BSD

setting up OpenBSD 4.0

ok these questions may be a little silly but I just started using OpenBSD as I came from Linux... 1. How do I make my desktop in X all snazzy like, I have wallpapers that need to be used. while I admit it will mainly be used for things I wont need a wallpaper for, you just never know :p, im... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siphter
4 Replies

6. BSD

Trying to get into OpenBSD

I am an eight year Linux user and after getting into an argument with someone about OpenBSD overiding my theory that OS security is 50% OS and 50% admin skill, I decided to try OpenBSD for myself. I've tried BSDs before and haven't been able to get into them for day to dy use, but I am going to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

7. Solaris

500Gb Maxtor USB disk on Solaris 9

Does anyone succesfully is able to get the drive to work on Solaris 9? The OS recognizes the drive, however 'format -e' says "drive type unknown' I then set CHS manually, but only 120Gb shows. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuan_quan
2 Replies

8. BSD

openbsd-pf

hello , I wondered if anyone could assist me in writing a simple packet filter firewall on my OpenBSD v4.5. All I intend doing is to have two firewalling machine on a separate network : 192.168.1.1 ext_if = xl0 (dhcp) // Internet interface int_if=xl1 // Internatl interface ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattjam
0 Replies

9. Hardware

Maxtor 6Y120M0 not recognized by Linux Mint 10 "Julia" – KDE (64-bit)

Hi guys. I realize it's a 7-year-old drive, but is there any reason why it's not listed it when I try to install Mint? All my other drives are recognized: http://bammbamm.org/Visual/LinuxMint/MissingMaxtor.png Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! ~ Bamm (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: BammBamm
13 Replies

10. BSD

OpenBSD pf problems

I am having troubles with this pf configuration, it seems when loaded nothing can access my server on the internal interface for the LAN, I cannot see why, and it's pretty much based off the very standard example in the OpenBSD faq. When I unload the configuration, I can access the DNS server on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
0 Replies
INSTALL-MH(8)                                                        [nmh-1.5]                                                       INSTALL-MH(8)

NAME
install-mh - initialize the nmh environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/install-mh [-auto] [-check] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Install-mh is the nmh program to create the initial setup for a first-time nmh user. Install-mh lives in two places for historical rea- sons. The -auto option does things as automatically as possible and makes install-mh less chatty. The user is asked for the name of the directory that will be designated as the user's nmh directory. If this directory does not exist, the user is asked if it should be created. Normally, this directory should be under the user's home directory, and has the default name of ``Mail''. Install-mh writes an initial .mh_profile for the user. As with all nmh commands, install-mh first checks for the existence of the $MH environment variable since that gives the profile path if set. If it isn't set, the $HOME environment variable is consulted to determine the user's home directory. If $HOME is not set, then the /etc/passwd file is consulted. When creating the users initial .mh_profile, install-mh will check for the existence of a global profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile. If found, this will be used to initialize the new .mh_profile. The -check option can be used to check whether or not nmh has been installed. This can be used by other programs to determine whether or not nmh has been installed without their having to know the internals of nmh. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile Used to initialize user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To set the user's nmh directory CONTEXT
With -auto, the current folder is changed to "inbox". MH.6.8 11 June 2012 INSTALL-MH(8)