Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: radio broadcasting
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users radio broadcasting Post 48046 by Optimus_P on Wednesday 25th of February 2004 04:40:55 PM
Old 02-25-2004
actually if you can get it from its offical site. it is a winamp addon.
i used to run a shoutcast server about a year ago.

there was a couple of quirks to get it working but it was realitivly easy.

http://www.shoutcast.com/download/serve.phtml

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

broadcasting failed 'su root'

hi, if i try to 'su' to root and enter the wrong password, the failed su is broadcastet to all user logged in on the machine. Anyone know where i can stop that broadcast? thanks Lazzar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
3 Replies

2. Programming

HELP broadcasting client IDs to network in C

I am trying to write a client server chat program in C and am unsure as to how I would broadcast all the users IDs over the network. At the moment I have the usernames stored in a array clientsock.cl_id, I am able to output this information to the server but am unsure how to transmit this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dooker
1 Replies

3. Solaris

SPARCstation 5 broadcasting

Hey guys...hopefully this will be a fairly easy one. I've got an old SPARCstation 5 running Sun 5.5.1 that I just hooked up to the network so that I can run HP OpenView. The box is working fine, but it is broadcasting as a boot server. In other words, when co-workers come in and get ready to log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SPARCstation is broadcasting as boot server

Hey guys...hopefully this will be a fairly easy one. I've got an old SPARCstation 5 running Sun 5.5.1 that I just hooked up to the network so that I can run HP OpenView. The box is working fine, but it is broadcasting as a boot server. In other words, when co-workers come in and get ready to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Radio buttons oh other form elements

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way of creating a radio button element in which the options themselves are form elements (text area or a drop down list) using Perl-CGI. Is there one? Basically I want one of 2 form elements but not both. Regards, garric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

radio/airwaves *nix?

hey there, new to the forums here. long story short, i have interests in both HAM radio and *nix OS's and want to start a project that will combine the two. so, the question is: are there any *nix flavors or other distros that were specifically designed for radio/airwave communications, or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BartlettMagic
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - radio button processing

Hi, I am hoping to get some help on perl. I am trying to process a HTML radio button selected value in perl. Basically What I am trying to do is 1. I have some radio buttons which indicated different colors. 2. I have a list box where I want to populate depending on the selected radio button... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devtakh
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Home broadcasting station

Hi all, I have been searching application for setup a home broadcasting station via Internet. Follows are my search result; Freevo, GeeXboX, Auto-RadioX, Red5, CeBIT, Open Broadcaster etc. I haven't had any experience on their selection. Please shed me some light. Besides where can I find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
3 Replies

9. Web Development

How to get radio stream URL out of a webpage?

Hello, please what is the easiest linux way to get an online radio stream URL out of website player like: PLAY.CZ - radio player They may support: Flash, Silverlight, HTML5 audio. wma, mp3, aac my web browser dont have any flash technologies and i dont wish to use any. also source code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies
streamtuner2(1) 						   User Manuals 						   streamtuner2(1)

NAME
streamtuner2 - Browser for internet radio stations SYNOPSIS
streamtuner2 command [ channel,... ] [ title ] DESCRIPTION
Streamtuner2 is a graphical application for browsing through internet radio station directories, like Shoutcast.com and Xiph.org or Inter- net-Radio.org.uk. It is written in Python and easy to extend. And besides the grapical interface, has a commandline interface. OPTIONS
Display data from cache help Prints out a summary of available commands. stream channel title Searches for a station with the given title. Either looks in a single channel, or scans all plugins. url channel title Prints out only the streaming URL. play [channel] title Invokes the configured audio player. Load data from directory service categories channelname Returns a nested JSON list of all categories/genres. category "channelname" "Category" Prints out a JSON list of the genre. Each entry constains title, url and other meta information. Note that the category must have the exact case. EXAMPLES
streamtuner2 stream shoutcast,xiph "Top 100" Searches for the term "Top 100" in the shoutcast and xiph channels, and returns all info about the first match as JSON output. streamtuner2 play frequence3 Looks for the first occourence, and starts the audio player for FREQUENCE3. FILES
/home/$USER/.config/streamtuner2/settings.json SEE ALSO
streamripper(1) audacious(1) json(5) m3u(5) pls(5) BSD
/Linux July 2010 streamtuner2(1)