Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers freebsd auto login user at boot / i'm stuck Post 48039 by termiEEE on Wednesday 25th of February 2004 12:53:15 PM
Old 02-25-2004
looks extremely good!

i'll test it tomorrow,
today is a good day, lot's of projects approvedSmilie

thnx optimus, U own!
i'll post later on if it works or not

thnx!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Boot

Ok when i reboot my machine its a pain in the A** i do not have a monitor on it and i know its going to eventualy ask me to type BOot and then its going to ask me if i want to interact with the........ and then it will boot up fine... Hp UX 11i is what i am running and i would like it to boot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX; Auto clearing of 'too many invalid login attempts by user'

Does anyone have a good script / cron job that handles this? I have looked in smit and see it is clearing this count with: chsec -f /etc/security/lastlog -a "unsuccessful_login_count=0" -s '{userid}' However when I looked around to find ways to automate this I have not found an easy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Johnson
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Stuck with Desktop Login

I installed Solaris 10 on top of XP. The installation went smoothly but Solaris is stuck in: Starting Desktop Login on display :0... Wait for the Desktop Login screen before logging in. I'm new with Solaris, please help! Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanj45
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto login to Super User account

i want to write to script which will login to su account without hving user interaction.( i know Super user password) i wrote following script its also able to log into su account. but seesion gets terminates soon. what can be done ??? or is there any other solution. i don't want to use expect... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anup13
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Auto fsck -y at boot

Does anyone know how or if its possible to automatically run fsck -y at boot if the initial fsck check finds that there has been data lost. Usually the initial fsck check will fix low level inconsistencies but if it finds that data has been lost it will put you into single user mode for you to log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazzy
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Processes on FreeBSD are stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FreeBSD new user login script

I am a beginner programmer and would like to know where to start to modify the login process so that a user can login as username new password new and have it prompt user for username and password and nothing else and then create said user account on the system so they can ssh back in and login... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshi
9 Replies

8. AIX

Replaying log stuck during boot

I had some problems with NFS see here: https://www.unix.com/302790997-post9.html and now I cannot boot the partition when I boot I get stuck here Saving Base Customize Data to boot disk Starting the sync daemon ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris stuck during boot after reconfigure boot

Hello, I have a problem with my machine that won't boot properly. The story is that I installed a software called apcupsd, which is a control application for my APC battery UPS. I have used version 3.14.10 earlier, but as part of restoring my previously crashed os harddrive I wanted to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorken
18 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
Weather::Com::Forecast(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Weather::Com::Forecast(3pm)

NAME
Weather::Com::Forecast - class representing all available weather forecasts for one location SYNOPSIS
[...] my @locations = $weather_finder->find('Heidelberg'); my $forecast = $locations[0]->forecast(); my $tomorrow = $forecast->day(1); print "Forecast for tomorrow: "; print " - tomorrow it's the ", $tomorrow->date()->date(), " "; print " - sunrise will be at ", $tomorrow->sunrise()->time(), " "; print " - maximum temperature will be ", $tomorrow->high(), " "; DESCRIPTION
Using Weather::Com::Forecast objects is the way to access weather forecast information for one specific location (city) and 0 (today) to 9 days in the future. Each time you call the Weather::Com::Location objects' "forecast()" method, you'll get an updated Weather::Com::Forecast object. This object is used to access the 10 Weather::Com::DayForecast objects containing the actual data. CONSTRUCTOR
new(hash or hashref) You usually would not construct an object of this class yourself. This is implicitely done when you call the "forecast()" method of a Weather::Com::Location object. METHODS
all() Returns an arrayref of all Weather::Com::DayForecast objects if called in scalar context, an array if called in list context. day(day number) Returns the Weather::Com::DayForecast object that corresponds to the day number you provided. The day number can be any number between 0 and 9. Day 0 is usually today. Due to a bug (I think it is one) in the weather.com XOAP API, you may get the full forecast data of yesterday if you call for day 0 just after midnight. I think this may have do something with the timezone. I have not fully investigated this issue, yet. Please contact me, if you have! SEE ALSO
See also documentation of Weather::Com, Weather::Com::Location, Weather::Com::DayForecast. AUTHOR
Thomas Schnuecker, <thomas@schnuecker.de> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2007 by Thomas Schnuecker This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The data provided by weather.com and made accessible by this OO interface can be used for free under special terms. Please have a look at the application programming guide of weather.com (http://www.weather.com/services/xmloap.html) perl v5.8.8 2007-07-09 Weather::Com::Forecast(3pm)