Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Internet access via home router / cablemodem and Solaris9 Post 48014 by pressy on Wednesday 25th of February 2004 04:02:55 AM
Old 02-25-2004

lo0 is the loopback device

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to turn my home computer into an internet server.

I would like to turn my computer into an internet server so as to have my domain names (myname.com's) point to my home computer. Can I download unix from sun.com and do this with that os? Also What is apache, ( I'm new to unix and server things) Is this needed to turn my computer into a server.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gparsons70
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX / Router / Config for Internet

Hi there, i have a Problem.. i have a Visualize J5600 and HP-UX installed on it.. So i want to go Online with the machine and surf in the Internet.. But i dont know what i do wrong... :( I installed HP-UX and run SAM I am from Germany and my provider is T-Online.. my Router has the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepimpact26
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

cant access certain pages through iptables fw/router

hey, i have a problem with my routing setup i cant figure out. there is a unix router using iptables, and behind that a small lan. everything works when requesting directly from the router, but the machines behind that router cant access certain webpages, ie drupal.org (waits forever to establish... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonicx
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Cannot access internet

Hi Friends,:b: This is venkatesh, i have Intel Dual core PC and installed Solaris 10. I have a problem that i cannot access internet in my PC i don't know either the drivers installed or not. I manually assign ip 192.168.1.7 and if i ping to this it is alive and if i ping for 192.168.1.1 for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1409.venkatesh
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

Netgear wireless router as Access Point

Hi guys, I want to setup AP using an NETGEAR WGR614 54 Mbps 802.11g Wireless Router The router works fine, but I don't have internet access. I will describe the structure of the net to explain it: I have one server (Free BSD 7) with 2 LAN PCI cards: re0 - it is connected to my ISP ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitemap
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Does my provider limit my internet access or somesites access?

Hi Good Day, i would like to ask for further info about my problems experiencing this evening. Im a PPP0 connection in the internet using 3G located in asia pacific region.i had this problem this evening in my INTERNET connections that there are some sites i can't open example ( Gizmodo.com,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

How does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network?

how does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network? Example: My PC has ip 192.168.134.100 Router has ip 192.168.134.200 My company's ip 202.52.150.33 When i try to access internet, say google, it traverses from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Can't get on internet with Linux Static IP address and Linksys Router.

I configured my linux server with Static IP address out of the range of the DHCP linksys router, but cannot get on the internet. When I switch back to "Automatically obtain IP address" ..then I can get on the internet. Can comeone help with this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrankOscar
2 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Bought new router for home use, might be over kill!!!

We keep having issues watching Netflix, Hulu or Amazon with our WIFI router. In researching for a new Router I may have bought more hardware than I need. Since we live in a 3 story house, not counting the basement, I thought about hooking up two WIFI routers to a single Router via ethernet cable. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
1 Replies
LO(4)                                                      BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                      LO(4)

NAME
lo -- software loopback network interface SYNOPSIS
device loop DESCRIPTION
The loop interface is a software loopback mechanism which may be used for performance analysis, software testing, and/or local communication. As with other network interfaces, the loopback interface must have network addresses assigned for each address family with which it is to be used. These addresses may be set or changed with the SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2). The loopback interface should be the last interface configured, as protocols may use the order of configuration as an indication of priority. The loopback should never be configured first unless no hard- ware interfaces exist. If the transmit checksum offload capability flag is enabled on a loopback interface, checksums will not be generated by IP, UDP, or TCP for packets sent on the interface. If the receive checksum offload capability flag is enabled on a loopback interface, checksums will not be validated by IP, UDP, or TCP for packets received on the interface. By default, both receive and transmit checksum flags will be enabled, in order to avoid the overhead of checksumming for local communication where data corruption is unlikely. If transmit checksum generation is disabled, then validation should also be disabled in order to avoid packets being dropped due to invalid checksums. DIAGNOSTICS
lo%d: can't handle af%d. The interface was handed a message with addresses formatted in an unsuitable address family; the packet was dropped. SEE ALSO
inet(4), intro(4) HISTORY
The lo device appeared in 4.2BSD. The current checksum generation and validation avoidance policy appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. BSD March 15, 2009 BSD