Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking stopping and starting network services Post 47973 by Westy564 on Monday 23rd of February 2004 09:02:11 PM
Old 02-23-2004
stopping and starting network services

Solaris v5.6
how do you stop and start the network services?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

The server is not starting all services

Hi everybody When I Boot/restart my HP-UX server when it reaches the step described below doesn't go through. When I kick a key in the console it show me the login prompt and a can log on but I cannot access the server from the network, I can only do it via LAN console. Please, can you help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Stopping NFS from starting at bootup - Solaris 10

Does anyone know how I stop nfs/lockd and all of the associated services from starting at bootup? There's nothing in the /etc/rc*.d files to rename. That was my first idea. I also tried renaming /etc/init.d/nfs.server to something else, but that did not work either. Any ideas would be greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amheck
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting & Stop print services in Unix

Hi There Kindly inform me on how to start and stop the print services in Unix from the command line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for network services

OK I am a complete newbie to Unix. We have a Sunfire V890 running SUNOS Release 5.9. The Operating Environment is Solaris 9. I have been tasked with determining whether or not specific network and solaris services are enabled or disabled. If the services are enabled I need to disable them. I'm... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: coachgt1
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix stopping the tcp services

Hi There We currently experiencing a problem on our Unix server Sco 5.07 , whereby the tcp services stops on it own and even if we restart the services manually the services still does not come up,We loose the printer and pc connections to the server we then need to restart the Unix server in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esh
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I get network services

Hi Is there a cmd in hpux 11 to get the network services the network services must display "Listen" like command netstat -an |grep Listen and display the process that is running on a port in HP-Unix at the same time my request can not use lsof -i command,not to install any extral... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Oracle network services

i have installd oracle 10 on Solaris 10 now i want to access this database from remote machine. -bash-3.00$ tnsping 192.168.92.49 TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on 17-DEC-2010 21:06:51 Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhaliq22
0 Replies

8. SCO

Sco Openserver Starting TCP/IP Services

Hi all, I have a customer whose sco unix server wasnt power off correctly and when booting it up I noticed that the boot up takes a while to finish the " Starting TCP services: snmpd routed lpd". after that the server is ready for login, but you cannot ping anything from the server (apart from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CharlL
2 Replies

9. Linux

Application services not starting with server reboot

Hi All, My application uses three different sub-services to make complete application up and running to normal. The entry of all the three services are present in /etc/init.d directory with proper softlink created to application home path where it actually exists. In one rare case one of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_kamozalwar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor some of network services

Hi I want to write a script for netflow service because my service doesnt send any packet to netflow walker (server). Although the service is started but it does not send any packet to server until i restart the service I want to write a script in order to restart the service... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsen1366
7 Replies
stopping(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					       stopping(7)

NAME
       stopping - event signalling that a job is stopping

SYNOPSIS
       stopping JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE RESULT=RESULT [PROCESS=PROCESS] [EXIT_STATUS=STATUS] [EXIT_SIGNAL=SIGNAL] [ENV]...

DESCRIPTION
       The stopping event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job begins stopping.  The JOB environment variable con-
       tains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs.

If the job is stopping normally, the RESULT environment variable will be ok, otherwise if the job is stopping because it has failed it will
       be failed.

When  the  job  has  failed, the process that failed will be given in the PROCESS environment variable.	This may be pre-start, post-start,
       main, pre-stop or post-stop; it may also be the special value respawn to indicate that the job is  stopping  because  it  hit  the  respawn
       limit.

Finally	in  the  case  of  a  failed job, one of either EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL may be given to indicate the cause of the stop.  Either
       EXIT_STATUS will contain the exit status code of the process, or EXIT_SIGNAL will contain the name of the signal that the process received.
       The  normal  exit  job  configuration stanza can be used to prevent particular exit status values or signals resulting in a failed job, see
       init(5) for more information.

If neither EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL is given for a failed process, it is because the process failed  to  spawn  (for  example,  file  not
       found).	See the system logs for the error.

init(8)	will  wait  for  all  services	started by this event to be running, all tasks started by this event to have finished and all jobs
       stopped by this event to be stopped before allowing the job to continue stopping.

This allows jobs to depend on other jobs, safely stopping themselves before their dependency goes away.	This event is  typically  combined
       with the started(7) event by services.

Job  configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the stopping event.  See
       init(5) for more details.

EXAMPLE
       A service that wishes to depend on another service might use:

start on started apache
	      stop on stopping apache

A task that must be run before another task or service is stopped might use:

start on stopping postgresql RESULT=ok

SEE ALSO
       starting(7) started(7) stopped(7) init(5)

Upstart 							    2009-07-09							       stopping(7)