Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: simple script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers simple script Post 47965 by hedrict on Monday 23rd of February 2004 03:00:09 PM
Old 02-23-2004
one last thing... what if I wanted to ignore a standard subdirectory under each home directory? For example:

/home/user1/.dt

I want to ignore all of the .dt directories

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with simple script

I need a script that checks to see if ypserv is running, and if not it will restart yp. I have a ypslave that is running Sol9, and the ypsrv daemon is dieing, I want to create a cron job that periodicly checks to see if it's running, and if it see's that it isn't, it will re-start the daemon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdel80
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script

Here is the script that i am trying to run. I get an error and i can't figure out what is the problem. #!/bin/bash echo "What is your name" read NAME if ; then echo "My name is the same" esle echo "You have a nice name" fi (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xplod4202
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple script

Hi, I just need a shell script to find out the processes taking longer time...(Unix/Linux) Urgent response needed.. Rajiv (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivn786
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple script

I am trying to print my script arguments, but i am stuck at the arrow pointed lines..please help #!/bin/bash echo "Number of arguments $#" count=1 while do echo ${$count} <======================== count = $(expr $count +1) <================== done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chvs2000
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script

I have a script that will check for integer line by line and if it encounter any blank space will echo it: Below the script: #!/bin/ksh while read i do echo "Value is $i" count=`expr substr "$i" 1 3` echo $count if && then echo "Matched" else echo "Blank Space Found" fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to do so?

hi guys, i am a noob to shell scripting, and i would like to run a simple script, that could simply do the following: 1. SFTP to a remote server/path...and download the newest *.gz backup file on that server. (there are many *.gz files in that folder, i simply need the latest one) 2. locally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Confidence
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script Can u help please?

I have a file that contains these lines User ID Username -------- ---------- 7738626,zrazak 7783535,jvincigu 7805567,ldrennan 7805583,mtsakama I need to sort the names alphabetically How can I sort the lines based on the user names ? I would appreciate a quick reply anyone ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

9. Linux

How to execute a simple select script using a shell script?

Hi team, I have two select statements and need to run them using SYSDBA user select * from temp_temp_seg_usage; select segment_name, tablespace_name, bytes/ (1024*1024) UsedMb from dba_segments where segment_name='TEMP_TEMP_SEG_USAGE'; Need to run this using a shell script say named... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pamsy78
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple if script

Hi, new to unix and scripting, and i'm trying to set up a simple "if" script to create a seperate flag file dependant on success. So far i have the following ($5 is a variable passed to the script from the backup job) if then touch /u03/backups/backup_ended.flag else touch... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: richs24
13 Replies
ykpamcfg(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ykpamcfg(1)

NAME
ykpamcfg - Manage user settings for the Yubico PAM module. SYNOPSIS
ykpamcfg [-1 | -2] [-A] [-v] [-h] OPTIONS
-1 use slot 1. This is the default. -2 use slot 2. -A action choose action to perform. See ACTIONS below. -v enable verbose mode. ACTIONS
add_hmac_chalresp The PAM module can utilize the HMAC-SHA1 Challenge-Response mode found in YubiKeys starting with version 2.2 for offline authentica- tion. This action creates the initial state information with the C/R to be issued at the next logon. The utility currently outputs the state information to a file in the current user's home directory (~/.yubico/challenge-123456 for a YubiKey with serial number API readout enabled, and ~/.yubico/challenge for one without). The PAM module supports a system wide directory for these state files (in case the user's home directories are encrypted), but in a system wide directory, the 'challenge' part should be replaced with the username. Example : /var/yubico/challenges/alice-123456. To use the system-wide mode, you currently have to move the generated state files manually and configure the PAM module accordingly. EXAMPLE
First, program a YubiKey for challenge response on Slot 2 : $ ykpersonalize -2 -ochal-resp -ochal-hmac -ohmac-lt64 -oserial-api-visible ... Commit? (y/n) [n]: y $ Now, set the current user to require this YubiKey for logon : $ ykpamcfg -2 -v ... Stored initial challenge and expected response in '/home/alice/.yubico/challenge-123456'. $ Then, configure authentication with PAM for example like this (make a backup first) : /etc/pam.d/common-auth (from Ubuntu 10.10) : auth required pam_unix.so nullok_secure try_first_pass auth [success=1 new_authtok_reqd=ok ignore=ignore default=die] pam_yubico.so mode=challenge-response auth requisite pam_deny.so auth required pam_permit.so auth optional pam_ecryptfs.so unwrap BUGS
Report ykpamcfg bugs in the issue tracker <http://code.google.com/p/yubico-pam/issues/list> SEE ALSO
The yubico-pam home page <http://code.google.com/p/yubico-pam/> YubiKeys can be obtained from Yubico <http://www.yubico.com/>. yubico-pam March 2011 ykpamcfg(1)