Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Telnet connection to Sco Unixware from Windows 2000 taking longer !!! Post 47932 by kbiswas on Monday 23rd of February 2004 03:18:01 AM
Old 02-23-2004
Thanx Perderabo . Nice to hear from you .

I think something is wrong with the DNS configuration .
When I added the IP of the source (Win 2k workstation) in the
/etc/inet/hosts of the Sun Server , the telnet problem got
resolved. Then we added the entry of this Sun Server in our
DNS server .

But still, the telnet problem persists for all other sources except
this Win 2k whose entry is there in the hosts file of the Sun server .

I need to access this server from anywhere and
will surely not req to add the IP of all the workstations in the server !!!

I am sure we are very close to the resolution and definate
to be there soon !!

Thanx for any help hereafter .

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco openserver and Windows 2000 server

Hi, i have 4 Unix Sco openservers, 4PCs running windows 2000, and 1 PC with windows server which i want to configure in the same network. During the configuration procedure, the wizard of Windows 2000 SERVER ask you if this is the only server in the network, now it will be the only WINDOWS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to share printer installed on windows 2000 with SCO OpenServer 5.0.5

i have wipro netpower server with p4 and 256 ram. i want share dot matrix printer installed on windows 2000 prof. with sco openserver 5.0.5. plz help me to comeout from this trouble. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_shivage
0 Replies

3. SCO

windows connection to sco

I have a Sco box that runs an application. I currently have several connections open on terminals that connect via IP. How ever these are basically dumb terminals with a very basic configuration. I would like to connect to the Sco server from a windows pc. Now the questions. Will HyperTerminal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogueIT
2 Replies

4. SCO

Cannot type properly in telnet window (windows Xp & SCO Unix)

Hello friends, I am using telnet from windows xp to connect to SCO Unix. Since i am used to telnet environment given by linux from windows, this one is annoying. The cursor movements has no boundary, causing me to type control characters accidentally, which makes it difficult to navigate,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

5. SCO

Printing to Windows 7 using Samba 2.0.3 via VPN connection to SCO 3.2v5.0.6

I would like to know if anyone has a way to PRINT TO a printer attached to a Windows 7 PC, from SCO, while logged in via a VPN connection. I am able to attach to a Samba share on the SCO server for files while attached to the VPN, so I know my Samba is workling - but my print jobs return: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbb999
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Copy via samba on vmware workstation with Solaris taking much longer than usual

i have a vmware workstation with solaris 10 installed on this. i copying 2 gb data via samba from windows to this vmware workstation. copy speed is 24 kb/sec. how i can speed up this copy process ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daily script taking increasingly longer each day

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had an idea why a recurring script might take slightly longer each day. The intent of the script is to run on a dedicated VM and connect to several thousand remote servers to assay their operating status by running a series of commands and storing the results... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Threeze
8 Replies
tels(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   tels(7)

NAME
tels, telm - STREAMS Telnet slave (pseudo-terminal) driver, STREAMS Telnet master driver (used by telnetd only), respectively SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
A Telnet pseudo-terminal consists of a tightly-coupled pair of character devices, called the master device and slave device. The master and slave device drivers work together to provide a Telnet connection on the server side where the master provides a connection to and the slave provides a terminal device special file access for the Telnet application processes, as depicted below: -------------------------- | Pseudo terminal functions| Application <--> |--------------------------| <--> telnetd Processes | Slave | Master | | (tels) | (telm) | -------------------------- The slave driver, with (STREAMS pty emulation module) and (STREAMS line discipline module) pushed on top (not shown for simplicity), pro- vides a terminal interface as described in termio(7). Whereas devices that provide the terminal interface described in termio(7) have a hardware device behind them; in contrast, the slave device has manipulating it through the master side of the Telnet pseudo terminal. There are no nodes in the file system for each individual master device. Rather, the master driver is set up as a STREAMS clone(7) driver with its major device number set to the major for the clone driver and its minor device number set to the major for the driver. The master driver is opened by telnetd using the open(2) system call with as the device file parameter. The clone open finds the next available minor number for the master device. The master device is available only if it and its corresponding slave device are not already opened. In order to use the STREAMS Telnet subsystem, a node for the master driver and N number of Telnet slave devices must be installed. The number of slave devices is set by a kernel tunable parameter called This can be modified using SAM; its default and minimum value is 60. The value of is the upper limit of the number of telnet sessions that can be opened. Multiple opens are allowed on the Telnet slave device. The master and slave drivers pass all STREAMS messages to their adjacent drivers. When the connection is closed from the Telnet client side, an message is sent to the corresponding slave device which will render that slave device unusable. The process on the slave side gets the errno when attempting a write(2) system call to the slave device file but it will be able to read any data remaining in the slave stream. Finally, when all the data has been read, the read(2) system call will return 0, indicating that the slave can no longer be used. AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. FILES
Streams Telnet master clone device Streams slave devices where N is the minor number of the slave device and 0 < N < SEE ALSO
insf(1M), open(2), ioctl(2), streamio(7), ldterm(7), telnetd(1M), ptem(7). tels(7)