Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Return Code of tar in AIX
Operating Systems AIX Return Code of tar in AIX Post 47928 by dupeng on Sunday 22nd of February 2004 11:05:44 PM
Old 02-23-2004
Ok, I see. Thank you very much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 4.2: tar using compression ?

Hi, is there a way to use compression on the TAR command running on a AIX 4.2 ? I did a "man tar" but did not see mentions of using compression, nor how to even find out the tar version. I want to look into ways of reducing the amount of time to do backups. One backup is dumping database... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
9 Replies

3. AIX

aix 4.2: finding out the return code of a savevg/mksysb ?

Am I right to assume that to check the return code of a savevg/mksysb on an AIX 4.2 is with the "$?" ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX equivalent return codes needed

Hi, I have a script which is written for solaris x86 system. trap 'echo "$(date):$(who am i | cut -d" " -f1) menu exec" >> /tmp/hist/.menu_history.$(who am i | cut -d" " -f1).$(uname -n).$(date +%y%m%d);exit' 1 2 3 15 trap 'echo "$(who am i | cut -d" " -f1) menu" >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boehnke
1 Replies

5. AIX

Tar extraction error in aix 5.3

Hi root@appdr01 #ls -latr total 2887400 drwxr-xr-x 2 root system 256 May 06 11:34 lost+found drwxr-xr-x 34 root system 4096 May 06 11:34 .. drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 May 06 12:20 . -rw-r----- 1 root system 1478338560 May 06... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to install .tar.tgz file in AIX 6.1?

Hello, I have openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.tgz file which I have downloaded from https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/reg/download.do?source=aixbp&S_PKG=openssl siteThe website says that the file name is openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.z but when downloaded I get openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.tgz as the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX & TAR related stuff

This thread is about using tar & other compression utilities on AIX ; 1. Find out which version of tar you are using thanks to bakunin >what $(which tar) /usr/bin/tar: 61 1.14 src/bos/usr/ccs/lib/libc/__threads_init.c, libcthrd, bos53 0 7/11/00 12:04:14 10 ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
21 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to tar a directory in AIX?

Hi i want to tar a directory.. i have tried few command but it is not working . please let me know how to tar and untar a directory below are the error which i am getting tar -zxvf tl11cp01_042414_071123.tar.gz tar: Not a recognized flag: z tar -zxvf... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies

9. AIX

Comparing two tar files on AIX

Hello, I have a directory which suddenly got filled up 100% from 70% ; (this is an oracle directory which has application and database in it ORACLE EBS) I do make cold backups, last month when I made cold backup of the directory /oratec the tar zip file was 31GB and this month when i made the... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. AIX

GNU TAR vs NATIVE AIX TAR

Hello, Getting this very strange error, made tar/zip through gnu tar GNU Tar ( successful tar and zip without any errors ) /opt/freeware/bin/tar cvf - /oraapp| gzip > /backup/bkp_15_6_16_oraapp.tgz GNU unTar error root@test8:/>gunzip < /config1/bkp_15_6_16_oraapp.tgz |... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
procsystime(1m) 						   USER COMMANDS						   procsystime(1m)

NAME
procsystime - analyse system call times. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
procsystime [-acehoT] [ -p PID | -n name | command ] DESCRIPTION
procsystime prints details on system call times for processes, both the elapsed times and on-cpu times can be printed. The elapsed times are interesting, to help identify syscalls that take some time to complete (during which the process may have slept). CPU time helps us identify syscalls that are consuming CPU cycles to run. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-a print all data -c print syscall counts -e print elapsed times, ns -o print CPU times, ns -T print totals -p PID examine this PID -n name examine processes which have this name EXAMPLES
Print elapsed times for PID 1871, # procsystime -p 1871 Print elapsed times for processes called "tar", # procsystime -n tar Print CPU times for "tar" processes, # procsystime -on tar Print syscall counts for "tar" processes, # procsystime -cn tar Print elapsed and CPU times for "tar" processes, # procsystime -eon tar print all details for "bash" processes, # procsystime -aTn bash run and print details for "df -h", # procsystime df -h FIELDS
SYSCALL System call name TIME (ns) Total time, nanoseconds COUNT Number of occurrences DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
procsystime will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
dtruss(1M), dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.00 Sep 22, 2005 procsystime(1m)