Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: heLp needed!!on specifics
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) heLp needed!!on specifics Post 47907 by oombera on Sunday 22nd of February 2004 01:08:37 AM
Old 02-22-2004
Re: heLp needed!!on specifics

I couldn't find an exact answer.. perhaps this will help?

About Multitasking on the Mac OS

There's a section on task scheduling but I didn't see answers to your questions. Just out of curiosity, why do you need to know the answers to these questions anyway?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed

Hello I am a newbie and want to learn unix . Does unix and linux are one and same. I have red hat linux cd but i want to take advice from some one wheather unix and linux are same. If not ,where i'll get a Unix os setup and how i'll install it. If linux would do then how should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hunter87
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed

Hi, I am beginner writing shell script i am using korn shell. I wrote shell script through which i am passing system date as parameter to build.xml file but i need to write a function when i pass systemdate as parameter the function has to return its respective quarterly date . Can any one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: connectpramod
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed

aaabbbcccd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hateshellscript
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Jumpstart: Rarp protocol specifics

I am having trouble locating a boot server on my subnet. I am trying to avoid installing a boot server if one exisits. Is there a way for me to broadcast a Rarp request to see if any boot servers are on my subnet and if so identify them? I think this will only work if the Rarp protocol supports... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhm4
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

little help needed..

hi everyone i'm a noob trying to learn unix language.. but seems like i got no leads on how to start.. i'm playing with the 'ps' command.. i'm trying to show the pid, ppid, username, command, cpu utilization (in desc order), process start time and process status.. all in a command.. am i able... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilofat
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed please.

i've been given an assignment to Write a system utility called recycle that satisfies the following requirements as they might be displayed in a UNIX/Linux man page: NAME recycle - stores files in a recycle bin SYNOPSIS recycle ... DESCRIPTION Recycle is a replacement for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerryboy78
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed

please reply for this https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/111493-cutting-lines.html its really urgent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on If Else

Hi, I am using "nc" command to test connectivity to Application ports. I am getting following outputs in case of success & failed scenarios & I am re-directing it to a file. FLPROVP02 4848 (?) open FLPROVP02 4849 (?) : Connection refused My script is as below. #!/bin/bash cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed!

Hi, I need to calculate average of a column based on row values of another file. File 1: ID start end 1 2 5 1 8 10 2 3 5 2 7 11 ... File 2: ID position y 1 1 0 1 2 2 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackken007
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a BASH script allowing me to grep specifics from /var/log/messages?

I am wondering if there is a script (if one exists, not confident in my own scripting ability) that is able to bring up specified information from the /var/log/messages. I need to show logged traffic on specific dates and times and protocols (ie. Show all insecure FTP traffic (most likely via... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgplayer54
13 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)