Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lame question
Operating Systems Solaris lame question Post 47861 by dangral on Friday 20th of February 2004 10:42:41 AM
Old 02-20-2004
I believe SUN is no longer charging $20 for the x86 Solaris.
I installed Solaris x86 both on a Dell Dimension machine and an IBM Intellistation without any problems.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lame php question

When do PHP variables/objects vanish? Say, I have a database structure in index.php, I called connect(). Then I sent the user another page, say index2.php. Should I create a fresh database structure and call connect() again, or is there a way around this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another lame 'vi' question......

This is a long shot, but there are many bright folks on here ;) My next vi drama involves a using a prototype file for a makefile. I have an old prototype file but its not in correct format. It's formated as: /the/old/path/file1 <garbage> <garbage> /the/old/path/file2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete original wav file if lame was successful encoding.

In a bash script: src=”cooltrack.wav” dst=”cooltrack.mp3” lame $src $dst I would like to add some line that would delete the source wav file like: rm $src but I would like this only if the encoding was successful. What should I include before deleting the original to check that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aia
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'batch conversion using lame' shell script

Hi. I am trying to write an sh script that will: 1. take each wav file in ~/Documents 2. convert each into mp3 format using "lame" encoder 3. save the new mp3 in ~/Documents/newmp3s. It has to follow the 3 steps in this order for each wav file before taking the next file. I tried a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
8 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Protocol Jokes (Lame)

I have a UDP joke but i don't know if you will get it: Also, I have a TCP joke and i know you will get it. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TUX servers
2 Replies
ibtl(7D)							      Devices								  ibtl(7D)

NAME
ibtl - Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer DESCRIPTION
InfiniBand (IB) is an I/O technology based on switched fabrics. The Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer (IBTL) is a Solaris kernel misc mod- ule and adheres to the IB Architecture Version 1.1 specification and provides a transport layer abstraction to IB client drivers. IBTL implements the programming interfaces for the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework (IBTF), consisting of the IB Channel Interface (CI) and the IB Transport Interface (TI). The CI consists of Host Channel Adapters (HCAs) and HCA drivers. A host is attached to the IB fabric through the CI layer. The Solaris InfiniBand CI is Sun's API rendering of the InfiniBand Architecture (IBTA) "verbs" specification. The Solaris InfiniBand TI is the kernel service driver interface into the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework. It provides transport and communications setup programming interfaces for Unreliable Datagram (UD) and Reliable Connected (RC) transport types only. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibtl 32-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibtl 64-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibtl 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea, SUNWib | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ib(7D), ibcm(7D), ibdm(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 ibtl(7D)