Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Network performance problem between AIX and SUN ethernet gigabit Post 47728 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 17th of February 2004 02:46:30 PM
Old 02-17-2004
very interesting stuff.

thanks for the post.

altho we dont have fiber cards, we use etherchannel here on our aix machines.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX server performance problem!

Hello, I have a performance problem on an AIX box. I'm not sure what is causing this and hoping someone may have suggestions. Currently I'm noticing that cpu's are waiting while the box is in a idle state. I checked the disks and none of them are at 100%. If they were then I would understand... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
3 Replies

2. Linux

SUSE9.1 Peculiar Gigabit Lan performance.

I'm having some peculiar performance issues with my Gigabit Lan. I have some 100Mb devices so I can't do the necessary "jumbo Frame" tweaks for absolute optimum performance as I'd prevent them access. I'm getting appauling transfer rates sending files to the linux machine, around 10 Mbps 3%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

3. SCO

Configuring Broadcom BCM5721 NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet

Hi, I have my server which has LAN with above model build onboard my Dell Server, I got this driver from SCO Unix website but yet to identify the following option: 1. PCI Slot- 2. Bus- 3. Device- 4. Function- Would anyone please kindly advice what should the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiderweb
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network performance problem

I have a Teradata Machine, using MP-RAS Unix, with a 1000 Intel Ethernet card and a Cisco switch. If I configure the ethernet card and the switch to auto, so they negotiate to 1000, or configure the ethernet card and switch manually to 1000Full or 100Full, the velocity is very very low. Only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuatrodos
2 Replies

5. Programming

send mail performance problem in AIX

Hi All, Our application is designed to send the emails. we use standard C lib to send the mails using send() function. This works fine on Solaris,HP UX and windows, but on AIX the performance is very slow. it takes around 32 sec to send a simple mail whereas in Solaris 2-3 sec. I would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrihari_s
2 Replies

6. Solaris

SUN GIGABIT ETHERNET CARD

Hi, we have SUN Gigabit ethernet cards at the server, both have 2 lines connected but hiw can I found out which cable is on which port before I configure it: the cards has 4 ports , from right to left the cables are connected at the first right then 2 empty then the last at the left side. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manni2
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Need Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter CD or ixge driver

Hi, Does anybody have a "Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter installation CD" or driver ixge for Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet PCI-X adapter? I need it but can't find it anywhere. So if you know where I can download it or purchase it, please let me know. (Already tried Oracle's website, don't have it) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lhao
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX VIOS IVM Ethernet problem

Hi All, I have a p520 box running 3 LPARs, 1 x VIOS, 1 x AIX 6.1 and 1 x AIX 7.1 and no HMC, all configuration is performed via VIOS/IVM Until recently the box did not have the AIX7.1 LPAR and everything was fine with the box. We needed to use AIX 7.1 for a new project, so I created a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevB
11 Replies

9. AIX

Newbie - AIX LPAR performance problem

Running into performance issues with WAS application servers on two of LPAR's or like configuration under high load web pages crawl. Please forgive me I'm new to AIX and most my expertise is in the Linux space. Thanks for your help!! Here's the run down: The problem appears to be CPU... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: margeson
3 Replies
CANFIELD(6)							 BSD Games Manual						       CANFIELD(6)

NAME
canfield, cfscores -- the solitaire card game canfield SYNOPSIS
canfield cfscores [-a] [user] DESCRIPTION
If you have never played solitaire before, it is recommended that you consult a solitaire instruction book. In Canfield, tableau cards may be built on each other downward in alternate colors. An entire pile must be moved as a unit in building. Top cards of the piles are available to be played on foundations, but never into empty spaces. Spaces must be filled from the stock. The top card of the stock also is available to be played on foundations or built on tableau piles. After the stock is exhausted, tableau spaces may be filled from the talon and the player may keep them open until he wishes to use them. Cards are dealt from the hand to the talon by threes and this repeats until there are no more cards in the hand or the player quits. To have cards dealt onto the talon the player types 'ht' for his move. Foundation base cards are also automatically moved to the foundation when they become available. The command 'c' causes canfield to maintain card counting statistics on the bottom of the screen. When properly used this can greatly increase one's chances of winning. The rules for betting are somewhat less strict than those used in the official version of the game. The initial deal costs $13. You may quit at this point or inspect the game. Inspection costs $13 and allows you to make as many moves as possible without moving any cards from your hand to the talon. (The initial deal places three cards on the talon; if all these cards are used, three more are made available.) Finally, if the game seems interesting, you must pay the final installment of $26. At this point you are credited at the rate of $5 for each card on the foundation; as the game progresses you are credited with $5 for each card that is moved to the foundation. Each run through the hand after the first costs $5. The card counting feature costs $1 for each unknown card that is identified. If the information is toggled on, you are only charged for cards that became visible since it was last turned on. Thus the maximum cost of information is $34. Playing time is charged at a rate of $1 per minute. With no arguments, the program cfscores prints out the current status of your canfield account. If a user name is specified, it prints out the status of their canfield account. If the -a flag is specified, it prints out the canfield accounts for all users that have played the game since the database was set up. FILES
/usr/games/canfield the game itself /usr/games/cfscores the database printer /var/games/cfscores the database of scores BUGS
It is impossible to cheat. AUTHORS
Originally written: Steve Levine. Further random hacking by: Steve Feldman, Kirk McKusick, Mikey Olson, and Eric Allman. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD